Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Name that connector

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dylan-penguinmedia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Name that connector
    Posted: 25 June 2018 at 2:59pm
Hi guys,

Any idea what the input connector on this antenna distro is called?
Also - where’s the best place to get one, as well as the 12v DC female to female leads to go to each mic receiver?

Ta!

APW View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2018 at 3:56pm
looks like a 5.08mm pitch molex, possibly a KK3001 or SPOX 5197
amlu View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amlu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2018 at 9:00pm
antenna looks BNC to me?
for power you got to figure out what they are, it looks like 5.5 (outer) and 2.1/2.5 for inner pin, those look the same but are not compatible with each other....
most of them is proper crap by the way.
you can look them up on ebay, variable quality especially new chinese stuff :-(
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-5mm-x-2-1mm-dc-cable-0-5m-lead-male-to-male-power-switch-jump-patch-cord-plug/272615821055?hash=item3f792b4eff:m:m0B-THB_U2Il8zrUmdZ4VtA
for quality job get some good plugs and 2 core cable and make your own,
dylan-penguinmedia View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dylan-penguinmedia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2018 at 9:18pm
yeah the BNC’s are a given (and I’ve already got them), and I’ve ordered the 12v DC leads this afternoon, it’s the Molex connector that’s eluding me - I’m tempted to just solder straight to the board!
APW View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2018 at 9:44pm
From what I can see from the picture it looks like a molex KK connector with a the pin pitch is 5.08mm and if so.....

The molex shell part number is 10-01-1034 and is avaliable on ebay:

the crimp part number is 08-65-0106 and is also avaliable on ebay:

These parts are also available from RS and Farnell, however if you haven’t got an account they will sting you with a high P&P price.

Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dylan-penguinmedia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2018 at 9:04am
You’re a star - cheers!

Do you need a specific crimp tool or will I get away with pliers / a vice?
APW View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2018 at 9:12am
You should use a specific crimp tool however long nose pliers and solder will work
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2018 at 9:59am
I use a generic crimp tool for the KK series and get pretty good results, but there is an art to it. Buy lots of pins (not hard as they are generally sold in lots of 100) and practice on a few before you go for the gusto.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dylan-penguinmedia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2018 at 9:24pm
Thanks guys, all appreciated.
Will give it a bash!
 Post Reply Post Reply