Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

12v 4ohm amp needed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moparbill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 12v 4ohm amp needed
    Posted: 25 June 2018 at 10:44pm
Iam building a small one foot box speaker cabinet with two 4ohm speakers I want to add a Bluetooth and USB input on back use a 7 amp 12v battery I see wondom type 2x50 watt amps cheap where do I purchase from a quality seller in a week. I see the sure amp site sold out the t p a 3116 board seems ok but there are many versions. Don't use eBay so that's out.    Amazon has donk audio board but s that a good source     Please advise I also plan a battery I can charge Iam going with the 7 amp 12v. With a charger. I bot Sony 4 0hm speakers 2 way already. Some utube comments say with some speakers the Amps will not sound good. Should I stay with the 50 watt stereo amps at 4 ohms
Hemisphere View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemisphere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2018 at 12:09am
Donk? Wondom? Is there a competition going on for who can come up with the silliest name for an amp?

Here's are my entries:

Wigpuffle
Stompling
Scruffmaw
Trombit
Boompf
Blimbo
Poon

I hope this helps.

(p.s. Try Parts-Express for amp boards. TPA3116 based is a safe bet and they generally stock quality components with US shipping and reasonable recourse in case of DOA etc.)

YouTube is correct, with some speakers the amps (which amps? Any amps) won't sound good...but that's generally the fault of the speakers since they're ultimately responsible for making the noise. What are your Sony speakers - Drivers or cabinets? If cabinets are you planning to rehouse them in this one foot box or what? 

You can trust Amazon as a source as far as the reviews for that specific product and vendor go, basically. If the reviews are overwhelmingly positive it's worth a punt, otherwise (or in case of almost no reviews) steer clear.

Actually I quite like Stompling so I withdraw that part of my entry and declare it my sole intellectual property under English common law.

Edited by Hemisphere - 26 June 2018 at 1:27am
Phase 1: Post on Speakerplans
Phase 2: ?????
Phase 3: Profit!
 Post Reply Post Reply