Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Change Speaker rating

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Change Speaker rating
    Posted: 16 July 2018 at 10:07pm
Hi, I have very little knowledge of speaker, so if this is a silly question sorry. 

I have a VOIP phone I am looking at converting to a ceiling tannoy phone, I have opened up the phone to look at it's current 'loud' speaker and it is about 5 cm and 8 ohms and 0.5w.  My plan is to disconnect that and replace it with a ceiling speaker and just have a couple of wires coming out of the side of the phone going to a ceiling speaker and hide the phone in the ceiling. 

So the ceiling speaker I have seen is 10cm and 4 ohms and 30w. the current speaker is just about loud enough, will swapping it for this new speaker cause it to be quite, louder or about the same? 

I am asking, as I don't want to waste money on the project if it is not going to work.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Cheers
Pete.
peted View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2018 at 10:17pm
Hi, I have done some more digging and found 2 more ceiling speaker that are 

-  8 ohms 40w (rms) 
- 16 ohms 40w (rms)

Would either of these be a better option, Ideally I would like it as loud as possible.
 Post Reply Post Reply