Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Public liability insurance

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BASSHORSE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2018 at 9:06pm
thanks lain,.i will get this sorted out tommorow,.would this cover blowd speakers etc?..or if ther genny blows up my amps?..just curious what it covers?..or is it just for the puplic?..
BJtheDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BJtheDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2018 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by BASSHORSE BASSHORSE wrote:

sweet mate,,will be a member soon then & no fear of blowing speakers or amps aswell LOL its covered,..but like csg said,they might not be so good at replacing expensive items,..o well,,its worth it for 49 just to get the gigs,..thanks again all Thumbs Up

PLI, don't think it's for gear as well.  If it is then brilliant.
If your vaccinations were mandatory and nobody in your class had measles,
then you know that you're not a Millenial kid.
</f
IainB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IainB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2018 at 9:28pm
I did hear whispers about one of them looking into covering equipment, but as far as I am aware nothing has been sorted yet so this should be looked at as PLI only. Im with Amp as it covers my 'normal' gigs, would it cover small festival work with things flown much higher up, that I need to look into (I would assume not) but as Im not doing that side yet, I will cross that bridge when I come to it.
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2018 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by IainB IainB wrote:

There is also https://mobiledjnetwork.co.uk/ which is cheaper and uses the same underwriter.

Sadly not worth the PDF or website let alone the paper it might be printed on when it comes to claiming so yes the ‘too cheap’ comment rings true.
jbljonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbljonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2018 at 4:22pm
Hi all,

(first post, long time lurker)

I arranged my PLI and ELI through Insure4music, also getting equipment cover as well. It was a little over £350 iirc for a year with myself and one other named person. I was taking my PA system to a couple of festivals to help out some friends, and it was too complex to piggy back on their policy at short notice. It seems OK...but then the acid test is when you have to make a claim.

It's up for renewal soon, so I'd be interested in hearing from anyone else who uses them or who has had to claim etc...it's all valuable information Thumbs Up

Cheers,

Jon.
Andy Kos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Kos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2018 at 5:53pm
Ive asked about this before, and the general vibe Ive gone from insurance advisers is that this type of 'member cover' is mostly about ticking boxes.

Yes , you have cover, so for purposes of satisfying an event promoter who requires a box ticking for PLI, it will do the job.

Should you ever have a claim, it might not be as simple. A lot of these cheap policies have lots of Ts and Cs and small print, with lots of little exclusions. So it 'covers' you in many simple situations, but may not cover you in some circumstances, and a lot of that is hidden in the small print. £50 a year for PLI is 'too cheap', for most insurers, a proper (full) PLI starts at £300 a year, and goes up according to risk and how busy you are.

Edited by Andy Kos - 13 August 2018 at 5:53pm
just a guy with a warehouse and a few speakers... www.bluearan.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12