Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Roots n Culture Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Seeking opinions on BCD Electronics preamps

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote studio45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Seeking opinions on BCD Electronics preamps
    Posted: 13 August 2018 at 3:24pm
Now then,

Does anyone have any reviews of BCD Electronics preamps they'd like to share? Builder is known as Charlie, not sure whether he badges everything as BCD or not. 

A local sound is considering their options and I'm trying to advise them. I don't think the BCD equipment sounds particularly good. But that's only one unit, and I haven't had loads of experience of different pre's - so has anyone had good success, or not, with other examples of his work?

Specifically, how did you find the noise performance, and what do you think of his approach to crossover filtering?

Cheers,
Matt
Studio45 - Repairs & Building Commotion Soundsystem -Mobile PA
studio45 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote studio45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2018 at 2:49pm
I guess he's not as big in the game as he makes out then, if none of you have even heard of him...
Studio45 - Repairs & Building Commotion Soundsystem -Mobile PA
valve head777 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valve head777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2018 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by studio45 studio45 wrote:

I guess he's not as big in the game as he makes out then, if none of you have even heard of him...

Maybe the old school people who used too post but no longer do would know. I've heard of Charlie pre amps, but no personal experience. Mostec for sound quality and usability, Tubbys for tweak ability and old school sound (still my favorite). Age old problem with cottage industry vs demand for most builders. Sage seem to have a good reputation, but again no personal experience.
Freedom of choice, choice of freedom.
Nitz V1505 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nitz V1505 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2019 at 1:30am
We used to run a Charlie pre with his destructor power amps. Pure murderation. Proper undercover Soundman our Charlie. 
LET THE BASS ROLL LIKE THUNDER
& THE TOPS LIKE LIGHTNING.....
 Post Reply Post Reply