Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A question for any power control experts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PolymorphicMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A question for any power control experts
    Posted: 17 August 2018 at 4:06pm

I'm wanting to run a current limited 220 volt mains supply to yurt from a pure sign wave inverter housed in a separate structure. I wanted to know the safests cuircuit breaker to use, and I wanted to know if it is possible to get a self reseting trip that limits the maxium power drain to 3 amps. The inverter is correctely earthed using a earthing rod. I do have knowledge of power control as I was Marconi trained many many years ago, it's just my knowledge is a little rusty.

Mark

Free to do what i WANT
kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2018 at 4:18pm
I suspect a tent will need enhanced protection similar to marquees as the risk of shock and moisture ingress is greater outdoors. (rcd+mcb, or RCBO). For safety reasons of course this protection must not be self resetting.

If you then want to add an overcurrent trip for power rationing purposes, in addition to the main circuit protection then something like a current operated relay with reset timer would probably be the cheapest route.

This is the sort of circuit that really needs an NICEIC contractor and regular test certificate.
Kevin

North Staffordshire

PolymorphicMark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PolymorphicMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2018 at 6:04pm
Thanks for the infomation, I will do some research into the suggested methods.
Free to do what i WANT
 Post Reply Post Reply