Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

B&C 21IPAL 2500W 21" 1 Ohm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizensc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2018 at 12:11am
This may seem like a dumb question but have you looked at the 21SW152-4? Bigger VC, more power handling, more practical impedance for a non-ipal amp than the 21id. Seems like a pretty good choice to beat on with a K20.

Not sure exactly what you are looking for in the way of TS.
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2018 at 9:28am
I fail to see whats the real advantage of that 18sound 21iD over the 21NLW9601. Other then the 2 ohm impedance which might or might not be an advantage.
Same power handling, way less BL force. 43 vs 25. Same x-max. So whats the point?

Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
bass*en*mass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2018 at 10:14pm
was about to say the same - 21nlw9601 looks much better on paper for sub applications..
Chris Grimshaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Grimshaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2018 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

I fail to see whats the real advantage of that 18sound 21iD over the 21NLW9601. Other then the 2 ohm impedance which might or might not be an advantage.
Same power handling, way less BL force. 43 vs 25. Same x-max. So whats the point?

BL is linked to impedance - lower impedance drivers will show lower BL.

If I remember correctly, the thing to compare is (BL^2)/Re.

Chris
Quality sound from Sheffield
www.grimshawaudio.com
Ricci View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2018 at 6:27pm
I have both a 21NLW9601 and a 21ID in hand. I haven't gotten around to testing them yet. Externally the drivers are identical. All components appear to be exactly the same. It looks like the only difference may be a change to the coil wire /wind and perhaps the gap distance for the 21ID, which is disappointing. The sticker is the only visible outward differentiation.
Originally posted by Chris Grimshaw Chris Grimshaw wrote:

Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

BL is linked to impedance - lower impedance drivers will show lower BL.

If I remember correctly, the thing to compare is (BL^2)/Re.

Chris

Correct...BL scales with impedance. So does inductance. They need to be considered against the DCR at minimum.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12