Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why do you use scoops?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why do you use scoops?
    Posted: 06 September 2018 at 4:27pm
I'm wondering about peoples choice to use scoops.

For people who made the choice between scoops and other designs, what made you go with scoops?

BASSHORSE View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BASSHORSE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2018 at 5:04pm
that smooth bassline roll Thumbs Up

jammin75 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammin75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2018 at 9:17pm
spl and tone Smile
feel the vibes !!!   "Who Feels it Knows it"            Strong like Lion              
valve head777 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valve head777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2018 at 9:31pm
for me it's the dip in response at around 70ish Hz, making  the bass very non fatiguing. For reggae, it used to be about standing next to the stack as opposed to the normal set up of pa where you stand in front of a stage facing speakers either side. Big systems​ would have multiple stacks, so over a long session a warm heavy baseline non fatiguing is important. Imho....
Freedom of choice, choice of freedom.
I-shen Soundboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I-shen Soundboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2018 at 10:43pm
Gives the audience somewhere to leave their coats, in venues without a cloakroom?

Something to do with the pressure of scoops on song; that's really hard to get with reflex bass, even if they do go lower.

Edited by I-shen Soundboy - 06 September 2018 at 10:45pm
valve head777 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valve head777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2018 at 10:55pm
Being able to use them​ to roll those extra large roll-ups once favoured within sessions Wink.
So much has been taken away Ouch
Freedom of choice, choice of freedom.
 Post Reply Post Reply