Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

24V Bluetooth Speaker

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jebimasta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2018 at 8:57pm
Like I said, not an efficient way of making it, but that's not the point.
Originally posted by I-shen Soundboy I-shen Soundboy wrote:

With the relatively cubic design, v2.0 could be knocked up with a bit of standard cabimetmaking.

How boring Wink

The fine line is an interesting idea, but I like it as a byproduct of the construction.
lost eden View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lost eden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2018 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by Jebimasta Jebimasta wrote:

I'm actually not so sure about the battery charging bit... I've used a lab power supply set to CC/CV mode and it charged fine. I'm guessing a boost board that does the same thing will also work. I'm assuming it will work as a normal power supply when the speaker is plugged in and on/working. How it interacts with a full battery is a mystery to me hahah.

I know lots of other people have done this before, wonder how they did it?

Are you taking into account that a lithium pack should be balanced by the charger after the constant current & constant voltage phases are complete?
Jebimasta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jebimasta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2018 at 12:41pm
Eden,

Yeah the battery protection board has a balancing function and it appeared to do the trick when I used the CC/CV lab power supply.

Just a little update, I've not done anything for a week or so, tidied up a bit of wiring but that's about it.

I've decided that rewiring the bluetooth status LED was too much of a pain in the arse so I'm using a photoresistor splodged on top of the existing LED to turn on a transistor and light up the switch that way. should have that circuit sorted sometime next week and I can concentrate on applying some finishing touches!
Jebimasta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jebimasta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2018 at 5:24pm
Project has come to a halt, I keep blowing stuff up! possibly my dodgy electronics, possibly my careless short circuits during build, possibly dodgy chinese products! My question is, what options are there other than dodgy chinese electronics? if I wanted to do what I've done, I didn't see ANY other supply options for these items.

This time I think the CSR chip on my bluetooth board has died. I'd electrical taped the little battery over it and there's now a lovely imprint of that chip on the tape, also burnt my thumb touching it. either couldn't dispel the heat or maybe the 5V coming from the buck board isn't clean enough?

5V usb wall charger doesn't seem to work through the boost to 24V either, so it won't charge the battery even at a slow speed.
I am getting a new boost board because for a while it didn't seem to work at all with a lab PSU either.

My BMS board seems to cut the batteries off at about 20V, and my percentage indicator is designed so that 0% is 18V, bit of a bummer, possibly a nackered BMS.

I ended up drawing the whole circuit out, anyone spot anything daft?

Grand schemes all falling apart Cry It will just be 24V psu only, shorter than expected battery life, and hopefully I won't blow up the replacement bluetooth module.
Inaeterni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Inaeterni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2018 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by Jebimasta Jebimasta wrote:

Project has come to a halt, I keep blowing stuff up! possibly my dodgy electronics, possibly my careless short circuits during build, possibly dodgy chinese products! My question is, what options are there other than dodgy chinese electronics? if I wanted to do what I've done, I didn't see ANY other supply options for these items.

This time I think the CSR chip on my bluetooth board has died. I'd electrical taped the little battery over it and there's now a lovely imprint of that chip on the tape, also burnt my thumb touching it. either couldn't dispel the heat or maybe the 5V coming from the buck board isn't clean enough?

5V usb wall charger doesn't seem to work through the boost to 24V either, so it won't charge the battery even at a slow speed.
I am getting a new boost board because for a while it didn't seem to work at all with a lab PSU either.

My BMS board seems to cut the batteries off at about 20V, and my percentage indicator is designed so that 0% is 18V, bit of a bummer, possibly a nackered BMS.

I ended up drawing the whole circuit out, anyone spot anything daft?

Grand schemes all falling apart Cry It will just be 24V psu only, shorter than expected battery life, and hopefully I won't blow up the replacement bluetooth module.

Damnation! I was so thrilled when I found this thread because I've been trying to figure out a way to create >12volt bluetooth speaker that could be charged via phone charger.

I have planned to use one of these cheap Chinese amplifier boards with integrated BT module and it seems that these amplifiers work best with higher voltage. Also, it'd would be really inconvenient to have separate charger for the BT speaker with me when I already have a phone charger. I've been going through all the voltage booster ideas in my head while trying to find some information how to actually make this work.
Jebimasta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jebimasta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2018 at 12:55pm
My mistake was thinking you could just get 2.4A out of a usb charger. You need some communication between your device and the charger to get anything higher than 500mA by the looks of it. I found a cool board that will enable usb-c power delivery, but it's quite expensive from the states, . Projects not dead, but certainly slowed.
davey t View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davey t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2018 at 10:42pm
Nice work

Get your electronics from Sure HiFi... that's my recommendation. You'll need some good dsp to get this sounding good. Looks great though!
Minirig portable soundsystem movement
Jebimasta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jebimasta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2018 at 12:01pm
Thanks for that recommendation Davey! how have I not stumbled across sure electronics before?!

They look incredibly versatile and have shed loads of products. after a little reading I am struggling with some of the terminology and dodgy english, but will keep looking. 

I'm contemplating using it like a full range inverse MTM (TMT) in mono, simply because there aren't many 2.1 amplifiers about, and I could use a first order passive crossover.
Unless one of these sure products will tick all the right boxes.
Jebimasta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jebimasta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2020 at 10:22am
It is now the future and I've been furloughed for a while.

I did as you suggested Davey and ordered the stuff from sure hifi... right as china went into lockdown.
It was all gathering dust until last weekend and I built a new box and got it all working.

I've had a little play with the DSP which is quite fun, but my ears aren't good enough and the wikis aren't clear enough for me to do anything beyond a crossover and some level adjustment. I feel like a nob but I used the dynamic bass module. keep it down at higher volumes and up a bit when it's quieter.

Anyone got any good tips for sigma studio? I need a USB soundcard so I can make some measurements.

9.6L 37Hz tuning, faitals are in their own sealed enclosures.

Battery pack is friction fit with some of the sticky back foam I used to seal the back panel.

Simple I/O with USB-C PD input which negotiates 20V from a compatible source, lesser spotted AUX in, and a bluetooth status LED that came with the amps.

Turning it off is just a case of pulling the plug, having this battery means it's versatile too.

I'll draw a line under this for now, apart from maybe fiddling more with the DSP.

Cheers
Jebimasta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jebimasta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2020 at 10:29am
Originally posted by I-shen Soundboy I-shen Soundboy wrote:

With the relatively cubic design, v2.0 could be knocked up with a bit of standard cabimetmaking.

I think you'll be pleased with V2.0 Smile
I-shen Soundboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I-shen Soundboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2020 at 5:42pm
Mmm, proper job!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12