Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lab Gruppen - Lab 2000 - psu fault

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geigertron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lab Gruppen - Lab 2000 - psu fault
    Posted: 07 September 2018 at 5:57pm

I have a lab 2000 that is not powering up, the IC (U1) in the psu board is a 20 pin, yet in the manual parts list it shows as part TDA4718A which is not 20 pin (16 pin), so should it be a TDA4918a ?

I can't tell as I can't read the marking.

Hope someone can help, I realise this is a old amp, but I'd really like to get it working again.
kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2018 at 12:16am
what psu board do you have?

If you speak to Lab they will tell you the correct part
Kevin

North Staffordshire

Geigertron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geigertron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2018 at 9:41am
Originally posted by kedwardsleisure kedwardsleisure wrote:

what psu board do you have?

If you speak to Lab they will tell you the correct part

It's shows as lab 2k psu B.

I tried to make contact on their web page, but didn't have much luck, they want a proof of purchase photo, which I don't have as I bought it from eBay.

Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2018 at 2:45pm
that's quite an oldie I'd guess. The diagram here is rev G onwards
Kevin

North Staffordshire

simonp1100 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simonp1100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2018 at 9:53pm
Looking at my service manual, the early model was using a TDA4700 & this is a 24 pin device and then the TDA4718A was later used and is a 18 pin device. I have found out through the internet that they also used UC3851, but again this is a 18 pin device.
doctor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doctor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2018 at 1:20pm
I think you're dealing with a Chinese clone. For many models of LAB GRUPPEN there are Chinese clones, which also differ from each other. Schemes and components often also differ.

Geigertron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geigertron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2018 at 5:43pm
hi guys,

Thanks for the help, I think I'm going to locate my isolation transformer & take a look on the scope
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2018 at 5:54pm
good luck, they're a quality item after all
Kevin

North Staffordshire

Post Reply Post Reply