Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DJ mixer suggestions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2019 at 6:29am
Ta. Tbh, I’m not blown away by the layout of the Xones, but the 92 is £1,000 cheaper than the FF4.2 so if it was better sound quality than my Ecler, then I’d consider it. The 96 is another £400-£500 over the cost of the 92 and closing in on the cost of an FF. 

For the price differential between the 96 and the FF, I’d rather save a bit longer and get the FF. I love the layout and look of the FF; I have since I first saw one. 

I’ve got a bit of an obsession with Formula Sound, ever since my FSM-600. I got my Ecler to do the job with the cash I had at the time and it has been perfect. If I’m gong to change it, then I want it to be to something much better and I’ve wanted an FF since I first saw one. 
Gaffa tape is like the force in Star Wars - there's a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2019 at 8:08am
Throwing something else in, have you considered a Rodec mixer, ive had a few pass through my hands over the years and they gave always sounded excellent 
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
djgorey View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2019 at 8:19am
Originally posted by csg csg wrote:

have you considered a Rodec mixer, ive had a few pass through my hands over the years and they gave always sounded excellent 

I have heard lots of people say they’re really good, but they don’t seem to be making new ones anymore? Unless I’m looking at the wrong website

Edit: whilst talking about DJ mixers, I tend to keep my levels to peaking at 0db, but I was reading the manual for the Xone92 and it suggested peaks of +6db with the average music level at 0db? My VU’s go red after 0db and red is bad!

Edited by djgorey - 16 October 2019 at 8:47am
Gaffa tape is like the force in Star Wars - there's a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2019 at 9:43am
yes, looking at their website it looks like that is correct, which is a shame
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
Djdarch View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Djdarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2019 at 9:21pm
ive a pm90 which I love , sound quality is right up there , they do come up on eBay every now and then at reasonable money .

djgorey View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2019 at 9:34pm
All things considered, I’m going to save for the FF4.2. It’s the mixer I’ve always wanted and if I get something else I’ll always be thinking “should have saved a bit longer”

For the price, the Ecler is really good and I enjoy using it. It’s just that I want the formula sound. Having a 4 way eq will be useful too!

Edited by djgorey - 16 October 2019 at 9:36pm
T-Bone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T-Bone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2019 at 12:47am
What about the new Master Sounds Rotary V4 from UK? I was thinking of getting oneCool
BASS, how low can you go!
djgorey View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2019 at 5:55am
Originally posted by T-Bone T-Bone wrote:

What about the new Master Sounds Rotary V4 from UK? I was thinking of getting oneCool

That is the other option. I really need to arrange to have a play with both. Unfortunately I don’t have any holiday left in the day job until next year, but a trip up would be useful. Conveniently, Mastersounds are in Stockport and FS are in Oldham so they are relatively close to each other; I could even fit in a visit to Ohm in Knutsford as well. 
djgorey View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2020 at 11:22am
Continuing with this saga, I was just wondering if anybody has played with the FF4.2? I’m in a position to get my new mixer now and the FF is top of my list, but just looking to see if anybody actually has one that I can talk to
vertx View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vertx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2020 at 1:48am
In terms of sound quality, on our rig:

0. Formula Sound FF6000
1. Rane MP2014 / 2015
2. Pioneer 900NXS2
3. Condesa Carmen / Xone96
4. E&S DJM400 / Rane MP2016

This takes into account things like total output voltage capability of mixer, and ability of DJs to clip system input, or run hard into system input limiters and ruin sound quality.

Edited by vertx - 10 April 2020 at 9:56am
www.instagram.com/translate.sound
Automaticdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Automaticdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2020 at 9:40am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234