Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Xover/LMS and Limiter reccomendations

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote junoprobelaunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Xover/LMS and Limiter reccomendations
    Posted: 11 September 2018 at 10:39am
Hi
Looking to buy a good LMS for my soundsystem and have seen it stated many many times that a good limiter and active crossover is one of the most important things you can buy so thought I'd consult the forum before purchasing one. I am ideally not looking to spend alot of money but i understand how crucial it is so if it is essential to fork out more than i had in mind, I will. Have obviously looked at the DCX but from my reading it has very mixed reviews. I like that it has alot of features on a relatively inexpensive unit (polarity flip, parametric eq, etc, etc) but I have my own reservations about behringer from my own experience. The system will be used for long periods at a time playing bass heavy, tekno drum n bass etc so a good limiter is also key and I'm not entirely convinced the inbuilt one will suffice. The system will consists of 4 PD186 loaded ES18s running from a Proline 3000 and 6 Lab 18s running from an FFA10K with 4 MT130s from an undecided amp/(s?) TIA

Edited by junoprobelaunch - 11 September 2018 at 10:51am
paulus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2018 at 12:50pm
lots and lots of people getting these now, not heard any bad reports

Edited by paulus - 11 September 2018 at 12:52pm
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM
 Post Reply Post Reply