Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Computer Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recording from mixer to Girly Mac

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Recording from mixer to Girly Mac
    Posted: 12 September 2018 at 8:07pm
Hi All

I've just picked up myself a Denon DN-X1600 and it has the ability (as far as I can tell) to record the master output from the mixer to my MBP via USB.  As far as I can tell, I've set up the mixer correctly and connected it to my computer, but it is not showing as an Audio Input device?

When I go to "Sound" preferences, it doesn't show at all and when I go into the midi-settings it does show up as an audio device but with 0 Ins / 0 Outs so I'm guessing that it is not reading that there are channels coming in?

I was just wondering if anybody has any clue as to how I can get it to record to my computer?  Either Audacity or Garageband.

Clearly, this isn't a "got to get this done right now" kinda problem, but it would be cool to be able to record my mixes digitally.

Thanks all
Gaffa tape is like the force in Star Wars - there's a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together
IainB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IainB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2018 at 8:10pm
I dont do Macs, but have you gone through these steps https://denondj.com/kb/article/1747 ;
djgorey View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2018 at 8:20pm
yeah done those steps, although I did have the usb lead connected so maybe i’ll try again in the morning and make sure that I’m doing it exactly as it says. Frustratingly, the computer sees the mixer, but not properly!
Gaffa tape is like the force in Star Wars - there's a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together
djgorey View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2018 at 12:01pm
So I had a chat to Denon and they advised that there have been quite a number of issues with the Mac OS and to wait for the update in a week's time and see what happens.  If that doesn't work, they'll look at the unit under warranty and see if they can find anything.  Luckily, I'm quiet for gigs in October so can send it over to them without too much hassle

Post Reply Post Reply