Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allen & Heath Xone S2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IainB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allen & Heath Xone S2
    Posted: 13 September 2018 at 11:34am
Is there anyone local(ish) to Hertfordshire that is recommend for servicing an Allen & Heath Xone S2 mixer?
I haven't noticed anything wrong with it (apart from a couple of stiff sliders) but would like to have it given a once over, I purchased it second hand and although its never given me any trouble its always nagging away at me to get it done!
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2018 at 1:25pm
lovely mixer - I've got one too. I think the faders are on the stiff side too, even after putting switch lube on.
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2018 at 1:42pm
There's not really anything in there that needs servicing apart from the moving parts. I'd taker the lid off, put a squirt of switchlube/deoxit in each slider/pot and unless it was in a complete state inside I'd give it a quick dust and leave be.
GAZ. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAZ. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2018 at 7:27pm
I own an S2 and live in Hertfordshire as it happens! . Happy to give it a look over if you want.
100% Earth Moving Bass
IainB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IainB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2018 at 8:02pm
Thanks all, to be fair I havent opened it up to see whats inside, Ive heard of mixer servicing, but thats about it. Im hoping to use it in anger more next year and wanted to make sure it was A1.

Originally posted by GAZ. GAZ. wrote:

I own an S2 and live in Hertfordshire as it happens! . Happy to give it a look over if you want.

Thanks GAZ, im going to have a look inside and if I decide its not for me, will be in touch :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply