Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Camco Vortex 6 electrical scheme

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4AC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Camco Vortex 6 electrical scheme
    Posted: 13 September 2018 at 1:55pm
Does anyone have the electrical schematics of the Camco Vortex 6? If so, are you willing to share them with me, if need be on payment of a charge?

My repair guy has come so far that it's powering up again, and now its showing fault codes via the LED's.
He has no chance of repairing it any further without the scheme.

I know that these kind of documents normally are reserved for service centre's only... But you know; you don't shoot, you don't score, right?

Thank you!
uǝɿɿɐʌǝ6ɯo sı ʇsʞǝʇ ǝzǝp
M4trix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M4trix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2018 at 5:57pm
If you don't find the schematics here -->

then you won't find it anywhere. Or make a request -->

4AC View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4AC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2018 at 7:57am
Thank you for your reply. I have already looked at that website, sadly with no result.

I have made a request on that website
uǝɿɿɐʌǝ6ɯo sı ʇsʞǝʇ ǝzǝp
M4trix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M4trix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2018 at 7:15pm
Hm, there is this guy showing a similar problem with Vortex 6. The culprit was the microcontroller, AT90S8535. If I understood it well, he changed it and the problem was gone. Anyways, buying such controller off the shelf without being pre-programmed wouldn't help much either. I doubt that Camco will sell one outside their service shops (if the culprit is the microcontroller, of course). Ouch

Here is the link. Sorry, only Romanian language. Maybe DJ Leco could give more information. -->

Edit: by the way, which one of the LED error codes is showing?

Edited by M4trix - 17 September 2018 at 8:09pm
DjLeco View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DjLeco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2018 at 9:14pm
Sorry, cannot help here...
I'm A Stupid SMART Romanian...
voron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote voron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2018 at 9:22pm
with the problem of the microcontroller power supply amplifier lacoustics la 8 (in camco q -power 10 the same microcontroller at90pwm3b) I had to write the firmware myself.
M4trix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M4trix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2018 at 12:03am
You wrote your own firmware from scratch ? Shocked That's why I hate microcontrollers man ! I've never been that much into programming. When I see a microcontroller in an amplifier, I just screw the top lid back on. It's a perfect boner killer for me. LOL

Btw, what happened to 4AC ? No feedback from him.

4AC View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4AC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2018 at 8:03am
Sorry for the late reply.

As the website elektrotanya didn't yield anything, I gave up on searching for schemes.

I have sent the Vortex 6 to the official Dutch repairing centre (Camco distributor). They already contacted me that it would take them about 2 hours just researching/investigating what is faulty and what isn't.

In other words: this is gonna cost me a pretty penny.

uǝɿɿɐʌǝ6ɯo sı ʇsʞǝʇ ǝzǝp
voron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote voron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2018 at 9:26am
Originally posted by M4trix M4trix wrote:

You wrote your own firmware from scratch ? Shocked That's why I hate microcontrollers man ! I've never been that much into programming. When I see a microcontroller in an amplifier, I just screw the top lid back on.

The necessary data on the signals and their form and dependence of the protection sensors were obtained using a logic analyzer, an oscilloscope, and a normally operating power supply from another amplifier. A deep analysis of this data and the datasheet on the microcontroller allowed me to create my own firmware.
P.S. I don't like microcontrollers either, but repairing the power supply was a challenge to myself.
studio45 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote studio45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2018 at 5:05pm
ClapClapClapClapClap
And I'm happy when I can find a blown fuse successfully....

Had to give up on a Cambridge Audio hi-fi amp with PIC micro in it, that will not come out of protect mode even though no fault exists. Next time the lid is going right back on as M4trix suggests!
Studio45 - Repairs & Building Commotion Soundsystem -Mobile PA
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2018 at 8:19am
Originally posted by voron voron wrote:

Originally posted by M4trix M4trix wrote:

You wrote your own firmware from scratch ? Shocked That's why I hate microcontrollers man ! I've never been that much into programming. When I see a microcontroller in an amplifier, I just screw the top lid back on.

The necessary data on the signals and their form and dependence of the protection sensors were obtained using a logic analyzer, an oscilloscope, and a normally operating power supply from another amplifier. A deep analysis of this data and the datasheet on the microcontroller allowed me to create my own firmware.
P.S. I don't like microcontrollers either, but repairing the power supply was a challenge to myself.

Nice work, I assume the micro was mostly controlling the SMPS switching? With a side duty of monitoring thermal and DC sensing?
voron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote voron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2018 at 11:51am
Soft charge bank of capacitors at high side and autovoltage are controlled by tiny13. DC sence, Termal, ULV, mute to dsp board, short citcuit, overcurrent (fuseprotect) and PWM to full bridge  IGBT's are controlled by second microcontroller at90pwm3b.
 Post Reply Post Reply