Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

12in kick boxes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sicoroots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2018 at 12:54am
Originally posted by Darrienw Darrienw wrote:

Was wondering if anyones got any speaker plans for some 12in kick boxes. making a lil stack with 2 15in scoops 4 12s (2 for kick boxes) and some tweets. wanting a frequency range from like 80-200 if thats even reasonable. newbie gang out here. bless up

hello Darrien

I'm currently operating a sound that is made of 4 x 12" Cubo speaker with 2 x 12" Cubo Kicks + 2 x 12" mids and 2 x 1" CD..
I'm quite happy with the overall sound , we use it mostly in bar/pub type of rooms sizes.
Initially I had the system running without the kicks but after adding them I can really hear and feel the difference...just my opinion on this

Cubo kicks are preforming well for me and they were not that difficult to built if you know a bit of woodworking basic knowledge. Plans are free on freespeakersplan website and the person who designed them is always active in that forum in case you need advices on changing things on the original plan.
Add sound absorbing material in the driver chamber , it helped me on getting a sound we liked ...you can also close one or more of the vented ports on the top of the speaker in case you want to tune it lower that its intended freq range.

what I really like about the is that if you use a neodymium the box is quite light to move and transport...I mean it's a 12" compact cab made of 15mm plywood so it's not super heavy on its own but lightweight drivers definitely help

I'm also working on some MKH230 kicks about which I have read some good reviews, they are bigger boxes though and you will have to adjust the plans in case you needed a single 12", l do because I can't transport  the original design as it is made of double 12" and it's a quite big and heavy box...but if you can transport it easily then no reason to change the plans.

hope this helps
bcs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bcs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2018 at 9:03am
Hi sicoroots 

do you have a direct link to the cubo 12 kick. tried searching it but could only find the cubo 15 kick. 

thanks 
mobiele eenheid View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobiele eenheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2018 at 10:28am
Cubo Kick 12:

bcs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bcs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2018 at 1:22pm
Thanks mobiele.
sicoroots View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sicoroots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2018 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by bcs bcs wrote:

Hi sicoroots 

do you have a direct link to the cubo 12 kick. tried searching it but could only find the cubo 15 kick. 

thanks 

this is the link to the discussion thread in the forum...for some reason there is no dedicated one as for other plans design..cubo 12 is included in the cubo15 thread like someone posted already in response to your question

if you read through the posts lots of useful info for you build and small mods people did based on their needs and drivers availability in their countries.
something to look at for example if the overall volume of the driver chassis as some models do not fit well in the driver chamber.
therefore you need to carve out a pocket on the back side panel to create space for the extra chassis volume...if you follow Mr Cubo's driver selection you are bullet proof
rish View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2018 at 9:07pm
That someone is Mr Cubo himself.
sicoroots View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sicoroots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2018 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by rish rish wrote:

That someone is Mr Cubo himself.

mistery solvedSmile
mobiele eenheid View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobiele eenheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2018 at 7:39pm
Quote for some reason there is no dedicated one as for other plans design

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12