Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rotary Encoder on DCX

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rotary Encoder on DCX
    Posted: 19 September 2018 at 12:41pm
The rotary encoders on one of my DCXs has failed. Is this an easy fix for myself to do? Anyone know of the part number?
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2018 at 2:22pm
I'm sure it would be easy enough if you can desolder ok. Can you take some nice high res pics of any markings on the part?
SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2018 at 3:57am
I'm not in front of it and its been left in as the settings haven't been touched in 4 years since it was first installed. Still works fine lol. I think someone banged into it with some shelving or something.
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2018 at 8:56am
Fix is a fix! I'm sure it is a fairly standard partif you ever get it open again. Don't know if the Berry service place is any good for spares to end users or not?
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2018 at 1:23pm
Those encoders are pretty standard. I´ve changed quite a few with generic units off the bay. The only weirdness I can remember was a Roland drum machine where I had to swop the pins around, as the new encoder ran the opposite to what you´d expect, ie down when turned clockwise and vice versa.   Confused

Still worked, though.  Smile

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2018 at 7:57am
Happened to me once, but the embarrassing thing was that it was a PCB I'd developed and managed to swap the encoder legs around. Fortunately I'd written the code too so a pin swap on the micro later and all was well.

Apart from the flatted pots I mounted 180 degrees wrongly, but then also the location of a flatted shaft turns out to be a little negotiable also depending on what you buy..
 Post Reply Post Reply