Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Plan Requests
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WSX or WSXtra?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2018 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by junoprobelaunch junoprobelaunch wrote:

Thanks for that and yep, after pretty extensive research I do indeed believe they are exactly what I need at the mo. Where exactly can I get a spacer ring ? Is it something repurposed ?

How many do you want?

www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
Xoc1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xoc1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2018 at 8:50pm
He has no shame, just seems to glean what he can from the web and stick it up.
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2018 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by Xoc1 Xoc1 wrote:

Is your version of the ss15 up on there yet?
If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
Xoc1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xoc1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2018 at 10:38am
No Just the TH18 and the Cubo Sub drawing I did for Mr Cubo….Smile
citizensc View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizensc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2018 at 11:38am
Originally posted by Xoc1 Xoc1 wrote:

Maybe its because I haven't contributed any plans to the community, but as someone who has, whats the issue with making a sort of index of publicly available plans? 

For me, its great to be able to browse plans, find one that interests me, then do further research which typically leads to the source of the plan, eg your TH-18 thread. 
junoprobelaunch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote junoprobelaunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2018 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by DMorison DMorison wrote:

Thanks for that and yep, after pretty extensive research I do indeed believe they are exactly what I need at the mo. Where exactly can I get a spacer ring ? Is it something repurposed ?

You think Martin Audio are just going to "repurpose" something they had lying around when upgrading a professional, high output subwoofer to take advantage of newer, higher excursion drivers?

No - it'll be a CNC'd piece of the same plywood used to manufacture the rest of the cabinet, sized to do the exact job it's required to do.

No of course not , however last time I checked they also didn't produce WSXtras and was unaware the updated version required such a ring.
Xoc1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xoc1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2018 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by citizensc citizensc wrote:

Maybe its because I haven't contributed any plans to the community, but as someone who has, whats the issue with making a sort of index of publicly available plans?
For me, its great to be able to browse plans, find one that interests me, then do further research which typically leads to the source of the plan, eg your TH-18 thread. 

I did not say it was an issue - I did not even mention that I had a couple of plans on his site until I was asked a question.

Xoc1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xoc1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2018 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by jacethebase jacethebase wrote:

WSX - Original with RCF Driver
WSXa - Newer with New driver, same as the ws218x and a spacer ring.
WSX Extra - same design as above but with a Void driver.
This is the only 3 versions of the cabinet that I know of. Please note the WSX Extra is a free party name and is not associated with anything Martin Audio.
All the best.
Jason

No of course not , however last time I checked they also didn't produce WSXtras and was unaware the updated version required such a ring.

At least you are agreeing with each other...

Spacer rings can be very necessary when dealing with high excursion drivers. Would not be the first time I have seen someone put up a cab design that would destroy their nice new expensive driver. With some drivers having 30mm excursion a double thickness baffle can be necessary.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12