Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lab Gruppen 2000C for home use?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote headphones1999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2018 at 8:37am
Originally posted by njw njw wrote:

Regarding running a pa amp with no fans, one of the fans in one of my Matrix STR's died and I don't know how long it hadn't been working for but I didn't find out until I stuck my hand on the front of the amp mid gig to find it running very hot and at that point, for a few hours, it had been and still was absolutely belting it out on bass, in a living room I doubt it would have even got hot running without fans.
 As Mr Minimad says above though, I would just get some old class A beast and have done with it. Smile

give me pure class A that doesnt cost $$$$$$ and I might actually consider it, cant think of inexpensive class A amp with good value. :)

mini-mad
 I currently have harman citation 16A, thats a solid amplifier sound wise, its doing its job and its not doing it wrong, but i know my speaker are capable of so much more, so im trying to get an amplifier that would do beyond just making the speakers sound nice, getting that quad amp probably wont give me any serious upgrade if any.

csg

yeah it wasnt the best idea to try to refer sound quality to money worth, 
what im trying to figure if PA amplifiers can be limited in resolution\details\clarity and such compare to a good quality "hifi" amplifier, if there is any is any major sound differences between hifi amps and PA.
but I guess i have to hear in the end to really know
krazyneil View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krazyneil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2018 at 7:22pm
might be worth looking out for a crown k2 no fans and sound superb
GOD TOLD ME TO DO IT !!!!!
BASSHORSE View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BASSHORSE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2018 at 10:10am
ev p series 4 stage fans,..only come on when givin it loads but for easy listing not a problem,,quiet as a mouse Thumbs Up
BASSHORSE View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BASSHORSE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2018 at 10:11am
also same with the old dynacord amps
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2018 at 1:12pm
The old Yamaha 2200 is a classic for home/studio use, especially with those lovely VU meters.  Smile

Also, the Amcron DC300, or JBL MPA series (if you can get hold of one). Both sound good and no fans.

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
headphones1999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote headphones1999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2018 at 12:06pm
I dont have those amps coming up for sale here.

opened this tread specifically for the gruppen 2000cGeek
doller View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2018 at 11:18am
BGW gtb or gtc you can turn the fans off at low vol will not overheat. I like the sound on Hi Fi. Cheap as just need to change the caps maybe. Bullit proof. If you hate them you have only lost a few quid.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123