Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Quick question about bridged RMX4050HD

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack_The_Ripper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2018 at 4:07pm
I've not clipped the Proline 3000 amps yet but I am worried one day (because they're Chinese) that they'll maybe fail and take out my drivers, do you know how far into clipping roughly you have to be before drivers fail? I mean will the sligh flicker hurt? Or are the amps SO dangerous that even a flicker kills drivers. 
Conanski View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conanski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2018 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by Jack_The_Ripper Jack_The_Ripper wrote:

Supposedly the Cloud CX335 is an excellent speaker protection limiter,
If might be a very good comp-limiter but that doesn't mean it is any good at speaker protection.
What you need is a high quality digital speaker processor.. something with both RMS and peak limiting, then it almost doesn't matter what amps you use as long as they supply enough power.

Jack_The_Ripper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack_The_Ripper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2018 at 8:37am
I was originally thinking about saving and getting myself an XTA DP226 because as far as i'm aware from reading forums where people have used them they sound excellent (excellent digital converters) and they do have RMS and peak limiting. 

Edited by Jack_The_Ripper - 13 October 2018 at 8:43am
TMH Music View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TMH Music Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2018 at 9:35pm
First and foremost, welcome to the Aspie club!!! Myself, my other half and my 2 kids are on the spectrum!!!

Secondly, IMHO, if you are on a budget, get yourself a Berry Ultradrive and scour fleabay for a used Formula sound AVC2, usually available around £125. These units, properly set up, will provide peak and RMS limiting, i.e all the protection you need for your amps and speakers, at substantially less than the cost of a DP226. 
Nothing is foolproof because fools are so ingenious
valve head777 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valve head777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2018 at 10:52pm
And me too. Spectrum club :)
Freedom of choice, choice of freedom.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack_The_Ripper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2018 at 10:31am
Originally posted by TMH Music TMH Music wrote:

First and foremost, welcome to the Aspie club!!! Myself, my other half and my 2 kids are on the spectrum!!!

Secondly, IMHO, if you are on a budget, get yourself a Berry Ultradrive and scour fleabay for a used Formula sound AVC2, usually available around £125. These units, properly set up, will provide peak and RMS limiting, i.e all the protection you need for your amps and speakers, at substantially less than the cost of a DP226. 

Wow someone who actually cares, that's rare, thanks ever so much, I was diagnosed in 1998 by the Natiopnal Autistic Society with Aspergers, OCD, ADHD, Anxiety, Depression and a very rare form of Tourettes which is unlike normal Tourettes. What about an XTA DP200? You can get them on Ebay for about £350 I have a dbx Driverack PA2 at the moment so maybe I could sell it and put the money towards the DP200, I don't mind saving a bit but obviously on my low money I can't afford one costing £1,00 or something. The Behringer I don't know i've never been a fan. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack_The_Ripper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2018 at 10:33am
Originally posted by valve head777 valve head777 wrote:

And me too. Spectrum club :)

Maybe you understand how hard it is then to actually make new friends, I grew up alone with no friends until I was 17 then started going to raves and made lots of good friends, but in 2001 I quite drugs and raving for a while and lost touch with them. Since 2001 i've had no friends and spend virtually all my time alone, I go places but nearly always alone apart from when my daughters come with me. I do parties at halls and pubs sometimes but no-one there would wanna actually be a friend so...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12