Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Advanced Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Void Stasys X V1 - Ferrite vs Neo.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadrack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Void Stasys X V1 - Ferrite vs Neo.
    Posted: 11 October 2018 at 7:47pm
Hello there. 

I currently have 6 Void Stasys X V1s.

4 cabs have the Wooden ports on them, Loaded with the Void v-1400 Neo 

The 2 other cabs have the Plastic Ports and loaded with Void v-1400 Ferrites. 

When I play all 6 together, its no way near as loud as when I play the 4 neos on there own. I put it down to phasing problems if im correct? due to there being two different drivers and maybe difference in the two cabs designs ? 

Im looking at buying 4 void news to re-load into the ferrite pair. I got told the cabs are same design and this would be fine. 

can anyone shed some light?

Thanks ! 
I-shen Soundboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I-shen Soundboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2018 at 9:07pm
Wild shot in the dark here: Could the wiring phase polarity in the ferrite cabinets perhaps be the reverse of the neo ones?

Edited by I-shen Soundboy - 11 October 2018 at 11:36pm
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2018 at 10:59pm
Wrong polarity
Father-Francis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2018 at 12:15am
drivers shouldn't give you that kind problem , i know cause we are runinng magnets in same kind of cabs with no sound problem just weight difference , cross check all cables in and outside the boxes 
Music is the strongest form of magic.(+45 31879997)blakmanpro@gmail.com, foa@sweetboxaudio.dk
Speaker Sol View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speaker Sol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2018 at 12:55am
Yep i ran mix of ferrite and neo Stasys x for years. No problem.

Something else is going on.
Noizyboysoundz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noizyboysoundz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 5:52pm
have you sold the v18-1400 ferrite drivers, and if not could I get a pair, just wondering 
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by Speaker Sol Speaker Sol wrote:

Never saw this thread at the time, but the cabinet with different drivers absolutely has different magnitude and phase response, so it will not play the same as using all of the same type in one stack.
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speaker Sol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 9:55am
Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

Originally posted by Speaker Sol Speaker Sol wrote:

Never saw this thread at the time, but the cabinet with different drivers absolutely has different magnitude and phase response, so it will not play the same as using all of the same type in one stack.

With all due respect, I think you are over stating the effect. 

Yes of course, the use of different drivers will have slight differences in phase and magnitude.

But these differences are small and won't course the type of effect that is being stated (a large drop in output). 

I know from experience and measurements, that the ferrite and neo drivers will sum just fine without any major issues with the response. 

Maybe the issue lies with older cabs with the 'plastic' ports? 
However I once used a pair of these along side 4 'standard' Stasys X, I didn't notice any issues at the time, but it was a long time ago...

I still feel that something else is wrong with the ops setup. 

Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speaker Sol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 9:56am
'With all due respect' <- Just to be clear, I meant that sincerely.  
 Post Reply Post Reply