Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Abec beginner

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yTho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Abec beginner
    Posted: 17 October 2018 at 4:18pm
I've been spending what time I can over the last few days looking at the example files, help topics, and videos on R&D website to try make sense of the software myself making some, but little progress.

Following the video "New Project" I end up with a square in the drawing tab. But I'm unsure as to what this represents. Is it a room boundary? An enclosure wall?

I'm able to use CAD, and have several drawings of various speakers, I successfully exported to a mesh file which Abec eventually accepted as a valid file, but I'm unsure how to view it in the drawing tab.

The scripting aspect of this is the most daunting for me, I can vaguely understand it reading the help topics but what I cant grasp is what is needed for any given task.

I've got more questions than I could possibly write down so I'm going to leave this fairly open and hope someone has some good advice and guides out there for a total beginner.
My aim is to simulate a conical horn for a woofer in a mid-top.
 Post Reply Post Reply