Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cdj 900

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msoundsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cdj 900
    Posted: 26 October 2018 at 11:59am
Hi guys. Currently got a cdj 900 in for repair and need abit of help finding a particular part! It came to me with E-7023 Gui CPU error upon startup and will not reflash firmware from usb. I believe I need to replace chip Ic 4002 and then reflash it. I have located the chip on the board and I will be sending it away to be properly fitted and soldered as its so many pins and so delicate. So I need to find somewhere to buy the Ic4002 chip from?? Anyone offer anywhere I can find one? I haven't tryed pioneer yet for parts and Dont really want to go down the new board route.

Many thanks 

Edited by msoundsystem - 26 October 2018 at 12:01pm
kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2018 at 1:06pm
What's the history of this error, did the client try to update the firmware to fix another fault? It would be unlikely that the player just generated the fault on its own.

If you change IC4002 and the fault that prevented its firmware from updating the old one is still present, it's going to happen with the new IC as well.

Digikey carry the blank chips. The service manual shows the procedure for flashing the firmware to a blank chip and how to recover from a failed update.

digikey
Kevin

North Staffordshire

msoundsystem View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msoundsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2018 at 1:43pm
Hi mate, customer said it was fine untill he went to update it and the power turned off during and that error then became present. I can flash the firmware no problem if it would accept it. Do you know the make and number of the chip? Or can drop me a link to it? Thank you for your input mate!

edit... Noticed you posted the link. Thanks il take a look 

Edited by msoundsystem - 26 October 2018 at 1:45pm
kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2018 at 8:25pm
did you try the failed flash recovery procedure? If the player was bricked by interrupting the power (ALWAYS use a UPS to feed it) then it isn't always enough to just try to reload it. You have to force the player to ignore the corrupt memory.

Instead of holding down the USB STOP button and turning on power, you get to the GUI error and press Media Select>USB and RELOOP buttons.

Kevin

North Staffordshire

nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2018 at 5:30pm
And that UPS advice goes for flashing anything. Seen all sorts of horrors with car ECU's when the laptop battery dies and the idiots didn't realize it wasn't plugged in. Now when doing ECU updates I insist battery out of Laptop and on mains/UPS. Expensive server motherboards another horror story I've seen a few times etc...and on.....Flash = UPS
It's everything, not everythink!
msoundsystem View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msoundsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2018 at 8:53am
I agree with both of u and that's what I use when updating things but customer just did it and it failed. There is no recovery avalible, iv tryed it all. Nothing you push or the button combination doesent work. As soon as u push power switch it loads up with the error... 

Edited by msoundsystem - 28 October 2018 at 9:34am
 Post Reply Post Reply