Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > HD 15 horn
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Beyma M300 for HD15

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bornsloppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Beyma M300 for HD15
    Posted: 31 October 2018 at 7:49pm
Can I use a Beyma M300 15" for HD15 horn?

The specs are more or less the same as for the recommended drivers like the JBL E140

http://usspeaker.com/beyma%2015M300-1.htm - http://usspeaker.com/beyma%2015M300-1.htm
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2018 at 8:31pm
Try and model it in HornResp.
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2018 at 8:44pm
  3 inch coil, high sensitivity, good ebp, I reckon they'll belt it out in HD's albeit possibly a bit hard sounding with those parameters.
bornsloppy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bornsloppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2018 at 9:13am
I did not check the size of the coil but the sensitivity and QTS are very close between the recommended elements and the Beyma M300 so I cant see any problem.

I'll guess I need to use horn resp for this project anyway. I do not know how though, I never got any program working thats why I always go for recommended box sizes or snatch other builders experience in different forums so.

With a bit of luck it's working for at least me. So building horns I were happy to find speakerplans.com and now I try to find an element for HD15 that's suits my economy, I have a great deal on a couple of Beyma M300.

Edited by bornsloppy - 17 November 2018 at 9:14am
 Post Reply Post Reply