Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Powersoft M50q - opinions?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audiofun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Powersoft M50q - opinions?
    Posted: 06 November 2018 at 7:05pm
Hi, I'm after some opinions about the Powersoft m50q. The brand is obviously well known for quality, reliability, ETC. The K-series is/was their flagship stuff. Whilst the M-series seems to be a cheaper option. Is it good?

I'm thinking about powering with the m50q a little MA Backline rig (4xF10 + 4xS12). At the moment I have QSC 2402 on tops and EV q1212 on lows. Would the Powersoft be an upgrade in terms of sound quality?

Cheers,
Tom
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2018 at 7:33pm
i like them a lot - little amps with a lot of poke. Sound quality is as good as the K series to my ears, probably slightly smoother in the HF , not as good as the X series which is no surprise. If you are local to me ( luton, bedfordshire) then feel free to come and take a look / try on your system as we hold these in stock
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
simonp1100 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simonp1100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2018 at 9:57pm
Also the K series has power factor correction & the M series does not.
dylan-penguinmedia View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dylan-penguinmedia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2018 at 10:23pm
It’s a great little amp for an easy little rig.
We run either BlacklineX8’s and X210’s, or sometimes XD12s and WS18X’s off ours - does the trick! 
Can’t beat it for a lightweight 1u ‘does the lot’ box (with the DSP) for the price.
 Post Reply Post Reply