Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

sub-sat system

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boots-hifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2018 at 8:02pm
Build completed. What to do next!
I-shen Soundboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I-shen Soundboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2018 at 8:08pm
Rag them at a party in your mates garage?

Laying on a bucket of beers is the least he should do, after all your hard work.
boots-hifi View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boots-hifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2018 at 9:19pm
The build will be off to a Apre Ski party Friday night and then who knows! Not quite 12V but there isn’t a mini rig section (I haven’t seen it) Would be quite easy to hook up some batteries if required.
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2018 at 11:39pm
I hope they got a good sand down before painting!

Looks like a pretty little system there. A pair would be more then enough for a little house party (at a conservative level)... or some smooth jazz in the corner of a modern bar.

Lovely little build that. Well done sir!

If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
JonB67 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonB67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2018 at 7:40am
Tidy work boots! Nice job.  Always nice to see people making sawdust!
boots-hifi View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boots-hifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2018 at 7:54am
Well sanded/painted with Tuff Cab (F1 purple as it adds 3db LOL). I’d usually spray them with Warnex or a pre-cat but my compressor had died so I opted for Tuff-Cab. Despite everyone’s opinions about its ‘Tuff’ness I’m happy with the results. Probably ideal for this scenario. 

My plan is to build another identical pair in the new year. These will be passive , I’ve got room for another amp module in the back and the PSU was purchased with this in mind. A mini DSP unit was used, which are great value and I’ve used a passive 2k on the tops it gives me two more dsp channels to play with. For its size this little system packs a punch. My kitchens around 9m by 5m and it’s plenty loud enough for that. Markiee has sold me some 8” Volt drivers which are my next project combined with a pair of scanspeak silk dome tweeters for the living room. I’ll keep this post up to date once the second mini rig is built and hopefully with some action photos on Friday night.
concept-10 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2018 at 10:09am
Nice build bud like it a lot, I'm a big Volt fan, if they are the older 8 inch model that Markie had then they are stonking drivers, keep up the good work Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12