Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Advanced Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Book recommendation for subwoofer design

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 0krizia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Book recommendation for subwoofer design
    Posted: 11 November 2018 at 9:35am
Hello guys. 

Do any of you have any suggestion for books about bandpass design? 

I'm no mathematician, but I'm motivated to learn. I'm quite experienced with simulating designs in Winisd and I do feel like I have a good understanding of how all the variables in a box design is connected and how they influence each other. That said, I do not know what I do not know, but I do know that bandpass designs are hard to make right. Next year I want to make a few bandpass boxes since their efficiency and cost is quite appealing.

Crashpc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crashpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2018 at 8:34am
Hey.
If you donĀ“t have school for this stuff, you need some math, and some sense about physics. Fluid physics, gas physics, mechanics. Then it comes together and you mostly understand what happens.
There is not that much about dedicated solutions, as all these are based on core elements with basic phenomena. Described as that, and then combined into greater system you can use.

I greatly recommend Loudspeaker Design Cookbook by Vance Dickason, and also White papers from JBL, Harman Kardon, etc...
Nikon and Canon people should not be married to each other. Why did you let this happen?
 Post Reply Post Reply