Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trouble with crossover RCF Event 6000

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatfreddiescat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2018 at 8:38pm
Jay cloth on top is probs easiest but probs worth putting a layer both sides where the tear runs between chassis and cone, I think welbond is a pva adhesive, a common rubberised adhesive is copydex, the existing surround will likely be doped with PVA and stuck to the chassis with a contact adhesive so I would just go with the same. 
As Robbo mentioned you may be able to get the surround replaced by a re coning service, may be worth finding out if there is anybody nearby as once you have done a bodge on it, a recone or new driver may be the only fix if the surround fails again.
serioussound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote serioussound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2018 at 8:51pm
You mean doped with pva first and let dey vefore attach with contact adhesive to the chssis?
fatfreddiescat View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatfreddiescat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2018 at 9:10pm
As soon as PVA is dry then you can re attach to the chassis with some contact adhesive.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote serioussound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2018 at 8:35pm
I need your guys hel I have now found that driver in the cab is RCF L15P530.

I can get hold of some RCF L15P520 ad RCF L15P540 really cheap used.

Would I hear any difference if I put in some 520 and 540 instead of the original 530?

What do you guys think?
Conanski View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conanski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2018 at 10:49pm
Take the driver to a recone shop to be mended, guaranteed it will be cheaper than buying another driver.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote serioussound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2018 at 5:36am
But those drivers above I can get around 20 gbp but question is will I hear any difference?
gen0me View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gen0me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2018 at 7:26am
RCF L15P540 has higher impedance curve. But if you found bass from RCF L15P530 boomy/too resonative can be worth a shot. RCF L15P520 has lower xmax although cant say if according to same standards. Can only guess its imedance or mms. Power wise should be weaker but again miss data to say. If top plate thickness is the same you could risk it.

Edited by gen0me - 30 November 2018 at 7:32am
I appreciate every like :)) https//www.facebook.com/genomesoundsystems
Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/gen-ome/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123