Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is this a 32amp or 16amp Socket

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PolymorphicMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2018 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by jacethebase jacethebase wrote:

the 63/1 is much more stable.

Does 63/1 mean 63 amp single phase?

Edited by PolymorphicMark - 18 November 2018 at 7:19pm
Free to do what i WANT
PolymorphicMark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PolymorphicMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2018 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by PolymorphicMark PolymorphicMark wrote:

Originally posted by munkey munkey wrote:

It's 32a but not a good feed. I've not had a meter on it, but we struggled with an e100 run off that feed. 

There is a socket on the other side of the wall, have you used this socket?

Does anyone know if this is a 32amp socket or is it the a 63amp one.
Free to do what i WANT
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2018 at 8:22pm
All of the sockets you have shown are 32 from memory. And all about as useful as a chocolate frying pan.
There is a solid 63/1 on the other side of the room. But I wouldn't advise running heavy mains across the room unless you are going to do it safely.

It's very easy to identify the size of a socket, it's generally got it wrote on it somewhere or just measure the actual size of it and then google size of a 32a ceeform etc.
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
spongebob View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spongebob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2018 at 6:39am
Both of the photos show 32A single phase supplies and are on the back wall facing the crowd, i.e. upstage left and right. Plenty of normal size freeparty rigs etc pass through the swan and use them fine.

There is a 63A single phase socket on the far wall but this is neither properly MCB nor RCD protected (reggae boy special) You'll want an inline RCBO distro straight into it for safety and then 20M of cable to get to stage end but only need bother if you need "proper power" (i'd suggest not)
PolymorphicMark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PolymorphicMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2018 at 8:34am
Thanks for all the help. I have decided to run of the right hand 32amp Socket. I not going to be running a silly size rig. Will be plugging in about 14Kw of Class D, made up of 3 powersofts and one Vector, but will not be runnning them flat out.

Free to do what i WANT
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12