Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ACTIVE STAGE MONITORS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 817718 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2018 at 10:47pm
yeah id love to  -pft! only if i had the space and the time! Afraid building is not an option for me at this stage. But your right. It prob wouldnt be that hard? to accomplish,,,if i had proper plans, and maybe a more skilled helper at hand? 

Thats a great idea btw! about buying half now and the other later. I will have to think about this idea abit more. Hmmm, okay, im done thinking. Nawww, tbh,i just want to get it over with and get some cheap? monitors. We're just a small soundsystem that gets a hire now and then, but mainly we setup for the craic (aka fun) :-) Dont get me wrong, i really appreciate ALL your advice. But we've been knocking around for at least several years now without any monitors, pretty much at the mercy of, 'whatever we can find' on the night of.

In conclusion, i think i found my answer. Out of all the boxes i listed above, there really isnt much of a diff. They all sux. Right? LOL 
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2018 at 11:14pm
If you're that strapped for cash, buy second hand. Or, just get the Thomann own brand 'the box' ones because again at least you'll have warranty when it goes tits up. Or, the LD Stinger / DAVE range are decent and some even have BMS comps.

The main issue with cheap monitors beyond the potential failures and cheap plastic that smashes to bits on a light drop into the van, is the simple fact they're horrible to your ears especially over a long period. Hearing damage is no joke, take it from me.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12