Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Plan Requests
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

15 inch bass horn for 40-200Hz

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrScy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 15 inch bass horn for 40-200Hz
    Posted: 24 November 2018 at 3:14pm
Hi all,

I am looking for a plan of a 15" bass horn that play 40/50Hz-200Hz and it should be efficient.
Size is not an issue but I would consider something that is not very large and not very difficult to construct.

Was there ever a 15" version of the invader bin?

montek.co.za
Jo bg View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jo bg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2018 at 4:47pm
Horn loaded, small, easy to build and down to 40 Hz is not possible.
Horns need to be big and long to load down to 40 Hz,, and need to be bent if you don t want a 3 meter long box, so difficult to build.

Small, wide frequency range and easy to build means just reflex.
Modern drivers and amplifiers will give you great powerhandling with little weight, this should overcome the lost efficiency to an extent
Meat View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2018 at 5:49pm
I don't think you'll find anything that'll do up to 200 and down to 40 although if you get a big enough pile of Martin 215 mkIII (6 or 8 of them) you should have an extremely high impact system which should do pretty much do that. Maybe more like 40-150. Can't remember what James F said his settings were.

Don't test the champignon sound
 Post Reply Post Reply