Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > 1850 and 186 horns
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spent saturday building again

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spent saturday building again
    Posted: 05 June 2007 at 5:11pm
Some pics here of a very hot Saturday spent putting together all the wood i've spent the last week cutting to size. This totals my 1850 horn collection to 4 (as you can see!)

Any imperfections or malpractise you can see is simply down to us being newbies. Hope i dont get too slated :P

adambomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2007 at 8:49am
Nice man... do those celstions work well in the 1850?
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2007 at 8:54am
That's a nice bit of woodwork.  Ah, the joys of building in your back garden.
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2007 at 9:11am
Very nice, fire them up where you built them for a test  neighbours just can't get enough of that bass .
Chris P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2007 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by adambomb adambomb wrote:

Nice man... do those celstions work well in the 1850?

Cheers guys. There really is nothing like spending a day building. So satisfying!

As for the Celestions....to be honest i couldnt give you a proper answer. As i said i'm a newbie. I built the 1850s cos they looked the meanest and everyone raved about them. I didnt realise how expensive the PD1850 drivers where so looked for something that had simular stats at a lesser price.
I've tested two before they they certainly banged out the sound so i'm looking forward to using four. I have nothing to compare it to but for something i made in my garden with my mate, it made us proud. I have no doubts a properly loaded 1850 would crap all over it.
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2007 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by Chris P Chris P wrote:

Any imperfections or malpractise you can see is simply down to us being newbies.
Nothing wrong with them mate, looks brilliant.
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2007 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by Tekasis Tekasis wrote:

Originally posted by Chris P Chris P wrote:

Any imperfections or malpractise you can see is simply down to us being newbies.

Nothing wrong with them mate, looks brilliant.

id have to agree, shut up, your wood work looks fine, well done mate!!!
[and i mean shut up in the nicest sence of the slogan, they look fine to me!!!]
me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
pooju View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pooju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2007 at 9:21am
they look 'kin tasty chris!  what paint are you spraying on there? the celestians still going strong?

Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2007 at 9:17pm
how much is those celestions and which model????
me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
 Post Reply Post Reply