Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

21 inch compatible driver list

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2020 at 12:47pm
The price is the main problem in the EU. 
The US price of 750 dollar is definately more affordable.

Regarding performance it comes just under the 21iPal (so very good).
Personally I just went for Lavoce SAN215.30 drivers, those are half the price of the NSW.
RealitySound View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RealitySound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2020 at 3:24pm
I have 12. So far so good, only used one night, but had them full tilt off K20's. Unbearable to stand in front of the cabs when on....Nuke

When you gonna send me some $$ mate ?
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2020 at 2:52pm
Never heard of the brand Tongue
BJtheDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BJtheDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2020 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by smitske96 smitske96 wrote:

That'll cheer up Marjam Big smile
If your vaccinations were mandatory and nobody in your class had measles,
then you know that you're not a Millenial kid.
</f
bob4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2020 at 8:39am
Originally posted by BJtheDJ BJtheDJ wrote:

MarjaN  Embarrassed

better than some people confusing shabby BFM cabs with his new monster top Confused LOL

I'll get my coat......

on a serious note though, interesting to see that Marjan has ended up with an elongated form factor somewhat similar to Mykey's last iteration of the DubSub, which was cruelly ridiculed by some orthodox scoopists on this very forum... Ouch

Edited by bob4 - 04 December 2020 at 8:42am
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2020 at 2:30am
Originally posted by bob4 bob4 wrote:

Originally posted by BJtheDJ BJtheDJ wrote:

MarjaN  Embarrassed

better than some people confusing shabby BFM cabs with his new monster top Confused LOL

I'll get my coat......

on a serious note though, interesting to see that Marjan has ended up with an elongated form factor somewhat similar to Mykey's last iteration of the DubSub, which was cruelly ridiculed by some orthodox scoopists on this very forum... Ouch

Well the principle is same as with our 18 inch subs, the M4.18. Those were released back in 2014 and Ben (RealitySound) has also a substantial number of those too.
21s surely needed more internal volume and it was only natural to simply go longer.

Since RCF LF21N551 (originally used in the M4.21) was discontinued, the Eminence was the logical choice for an ultimate weapon. Yeah its not cheap, but at 2500W the driver has still 4mm of x-max left in our box. Unlike the RCF which was at he limit or any other 21 that i have simulated. 

Ben, send me some better pictures man. i need to brag about this all over internet :)

Oh, i almost forgot. One of the reasons why i chose this shape lies within EAW SB1000 that i used a lot back in the days. I always loved the small front format. It allows you to place more subs in smaller frontal area.

Edited by MarjanM - 05 December 2020 at 2:35am
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
jammin75 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammin75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2020 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by RealitySound RealitySound wrote:

I have 12. So far so good, only used one night, but had them full tilt off K20's. Unbearable to stand in front of the cabs when on....Nuke

thats a nice view with a nice set Thumbs Up
feel the vibes !!!   "Who Feels it Knows it"            Strong like Lion              
Crashpc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crashpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2021 at 6:50pm
Heya. How come they discontinued the beasty LF21N551, and all that without any substitute? I'm trafficking two pieces now, and they are awesome. Will gonto up-to 20.5mm excursion before they start to really struggle with noises and thermal compression from suspension, way better than 21DS115 I had before.
Looking for some new IPAL entries or at least "21DS152“, but there is still nothing. 
Nikon and Canon people should not be married to each other. Why did you let this happen?
bass*en*mass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2021 at 8:02pm
have you had a chance to try the new emi yet crashpc?
its not really suitable for horn loading but it should work well in reflex/ported cabs?!
Crashpc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crashpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2021 at 5:16am
Heya. No, I haven't. It certainly has predispositions to be better. Everything on the driver is at least half class more massive. And it is kinda downfall of the driver in my approach. I need compact mobile bins. Eminence does not support that, while RCF just barely does. Maybe a massive 18“ driver could do that. But Eminence 18" nsw is nothing like its bigger brother. And Eminence is quite expensive in Europe. 18IPAL with its 4.5" Al coil is not that tempting for the price either. 
Nikon and Canon people should not be married to each other. Why did you let this happen?
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2021 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by Crashpc Crashpc wrote:

Heya. How come they discontinued the beasty LF21N551, and all that without any substitute? I'm trafficking two pieces now, and they are awesome. Will gonto up-to 20.5mm excursion before they start to really struggle with noises and thermal compression from suspension, way better than 21DS115 I had before.
Looking for some new IPAL entries or at least "21DS152“, but there is still nothing. 

I think they just stopped selling it to others and decided to keep it for them self only.
It was too good to be true that 21. I hate them for doing that.

Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
Crashpc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crashpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2021 at 4:42pm
Wow that is unexpected. In our country, it was priced right under IPAL, maybe $200 on already overpriced $1350 product, so I thought it was not that price competitive on the market, or maybe some reliability issues. But RCF pulling that product because it is too good, that sounds rather evil. LOL
So I guess there is nothing like new IPALs or smaller M-force drivers on horizon. Saaad times.
Anyways, thanks for the info. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345