Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Powersoft X4 - Used asking prices

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2019 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by wires wires wrote:

Originally posted by U.Viktor U.Viktor wrote:

2008: POWERSOFT
2018: POWERSOFT

This is the problem. They went to a direction of covering cheap hardware by
fancy software tricks. Behringer is on the exactly same path and now they own LabGruppen :-(

LOL What are you on about? Comparing powersoft to Behringer...

Powersoft are now providing efficient products for real world applications.
X series is aimed at the touring market, where reliability and functionality is high on the list. Not outright bass and maximum spl - although they do a pretty convincing job.

The t series aimed at more mid level applications - small systems, monitors, delays, infills, etc.
Not for 4 sub per channel, bass monsters. That’s where k series still dominates.

Behringer products on the other hand is aimed at mass user market. Affordable gear with loads of features.
Nothing wrong with that, a place for both in the world.

Not sure if your affiliation with them but I’ve got to admit I was ready to part with cash for some pkn last year as heard good things vs affordability, however I was really put off by your touting of the brand and belittling others so decided to demo the others first.
Glad I did as ended up purchasing a stacks of x series after great real world results... and even more this week.

Don't worry, you can't buy piles of PKN even if you have the money, because they ask for months lead time... speaking of which, Viktor, can you show us the mythical 3PHASE on a gig yet?

It's only been six years...

So yeah, I'll take the real world, available, but mildly compromised amps which can still burn any woofer on earth, long term, over the Hungarian unicorn.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567