Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fane 18 xs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nkdk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fane 18 xs
    Posted: 12 January 2019 at 12:36pm
Hi ,i need to replace my B&C drivers in my jam br, cabs, wondering if anyone have experience with
the Fane 18 xs , its a cheaper driver then the B&C driver.

nkdk
krazyneil View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krazyneil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2019 at 2:59am
surely it would be cheaper to recone the b&c drivers if youve blown them
GOD TOLD ME TO DO IT !!!!!
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2019 at 11:15am
The Prime XS does also work in those cabs but has a different sound to it.  I wouldn't recommend mixing the two in a system.  As above, if the issue is blown drivers, Blue Aran can either supply recone kits or do the recone for you.
nkdk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nkdk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2019 at 11:31am
Thx, for the reply, i am not so hook to do a recone, and with p&p to uk. it will be cheaper to buy some
new one.So i intend replace both drivers with the fane drivers if they are enny  god.

nkdk
Tonskulus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tonskulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2019 at 5:50am
What's the size of enclosure and tuning frequency? 
18xs is great driver for the price, actually very good.  We have one here, just no proper enclosure yet.

nkdk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nkdk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2019 at 5:59am
i don't know the tun freq.   its the flat pack cab from blue aran,  they sell them with the b&c drivers
and the fane driver

nkdk
Meat View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2019 at 9:39am
How do you find the cabs? Any resonance at high volumes?

Always thought they looked like a good deal but was a bit nervous to pull the trigger and buy them as they're 15mm ply and don't look like they're super braced.
Don't test the champignon sound
nkdk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nkdk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2019 at 10:35am
They do it very well, nice and deep ,and very precise bass, yes there is only one brace in the
back,but the reflex tunnels and the 18 mm front helps alot.
So no annoying resonances.
And they er very easy to build
My Seeburg 1,8kw g subs are made of 15mm ply, and no problem there as well.

nkdk
 Post Reply Post Reply