Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Feedback Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ZLX 15p vs Dbr 15

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msoundsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ZLX 15p vs Dbr 15
    Posted: 21 January 2019 at 10:54am
Hello people. I own some ev Zlx15p and looking to add/expand to the collection. I love the ev's but i hear better things about the yamaha dbr15.. Dbr has more power on paper than the ZLX, the dsp in ZLX is great but not really used that often.. Would love to hear feedback about the yamaha dbr15 compared to the evzlx 15p??? as I don't have the option to listen to the Dbr 15 before I buy. Hear great things about the warrenty with yamaha  aswell.Any feedback welcomed! !

Edited by msoundsystem - 21 January 2019 at 10:56am
Conanski View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conanski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2019 at 4:04am
DBRs would be a lateral move from ZLXs I think, I have not heard the DBR but from what I've read they don't match up to the DXR which are sonically better than the entry level EVs. I have a pair of DXR15s. I also own 8 EV powered boxes including 4 ZLX12p and all have been 100% reliable over hundreds of events, so the warranty difference doesn't mean much IMO. The ZLX is really only a 500w box and it does run out of steam earlier than an EKX or DXR, and the ZLX enclosure is a bit flimsy.. I don't like the sound of them fullrange so they're used over subs mostly, the wood box of the EKX sounds tighter, more controlled.

Are you looking for an upgrade or just want to try something different? I think you will need to step up a couple notches to see a usable increase in performance over the ZLX, they are darn good for what they cost.
 Post Reply Post Reply