Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Setup for outdoors/indoors

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott_fury Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Setup for outdoors/indoors
    Posted: 22 January 2019 at 9:59pm
Hi,

I have a small system which i’ve mainly used for little indoor things. This year I may have a few more outdoor events to do, but was wondering what advice people might have regarding the differences between playing sounds indoors and outdoors?

I haven’t found somewhere to test the system outside, so i may have to make changes and tweak on the fly.

I set mine up as a single stack, with two 18” scoops, two 15” reflex kicks, a double 12” reflex for mids and a tweeter box. The mids and tops are in stereo. There are four Eminence APT 80’s in the box which has four angled sides. I have plans to make two separate box for the mids which can then be angled if necessary, and will house a pair of Fane 250-TC drivers, but for now all the other speakers face forwards.

The most obvious difference is the lack of bottom when in open space, so I imagine I could raise the cutoff from 30hz? 

Thanks!

Post Reply Post Reply