Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nexo LS18 copy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RemyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nexo LS18 copy
    Posted: 18 February 2019 at 2:51pm
Today started building Nexo LS18 cabinets. 
Tonight I will post some pictures.

I do not know how I should start with the handles
Does anyone have a tip on how I can make the handles? 
I want to make it as original as possible 
can someone make a few close up photos of the Nexo handles?

I have a Dewalt DW621 mill

Edited by RemyK - 22 February 2019 at 10:58pm
spongebob View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spongebob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2019 at 4:28pm
Sorry chap but you won't be getting much or any help on here for that sort of activity
JonB67 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonB67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2019 at 6:33pm
to explain a little what spongebob means...

If that's a current design , in production by a company who designed it and own the rights to that design then...

Ripping it off is theft of intellectual property. 

You may be fine with that, but the forum can't be seen to condone such behaviour.

If you choose to take that as inspiration and design your own cabinet from scratch you'll get a lot of help.  Just to be careful someone doesn't then copy it without your permission...

Edited by JonB67 - 18 February 2019 at 6:43pm
Shelfstacker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shelfstacker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2019 at 6:42pm
If you choose to take that as inspiration and design your own cabinet from scratch you'll get a lot of help.

I agree with this.  Directly ripping off a commercial design isn't really on.  Using the same driver and box volume is way more acceptable I think, and just figure out your own version of the rest. 

On another note, I wasn't particularly impressed with the sound of these cabs anyway, and I'm pretty sure there are more appropriate home made designs you can just build instead?

If you love the sound of the cabs, isn't it cheaper and easier to just find some second hand ones?
If you are at the circus and being attacked by clowns - go for the juggler
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2019 at 6:47pm
copying a nexo box is a total waste of time anyway as the cab is reliant on a complex DSP preset from the matching amplifier to give the intended performance.

if you are copying the boxes you wont want to spend out on the matching NXamp.
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
RemyK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RemyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2019 at 10:55pm
Progress so far...

i made a mold for different speaker sizes

End result :

Edited by RemyK - 22 February 2019 at 10:56pm
Enrique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enrique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2020 at 8:23pm
Any news ?

Digbethdave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digbethdave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2020 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by Enrique Enrique wrote:

Any news ?

He hasn't been to court yet. 
Enrique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enrique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2020 at 8:20am
Lol.

Post Reply Post Reply