Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Plan Requests
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - B&C 21SW152 Design to throw 30-50 HZ for outdoors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

B&C 21SW152 Design to throw 30-50 HZ for outdoors

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mushroom Cloud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B&C 21SW152 Design to throw 30-50 HZ for outdoors
    Posted: 18 February 2019 at 9:55pm
Hello world! First time poster. 

I am in need of a box design for a 21 Inch B&C 21SW152. My goal is to reliably pump mid 30hz EDM bass lines at outdoor events. I am looking to throw the bass a short to medium distance for a crowd of roughly 300-1000 people. I plan on building 4 of these and have additional matching mid subs and tops.

I spent some time searching for box similar box designs and also trying to find rules on posting but couldn't find much (hoping this is not against the rules). I know designing takes quite a lot of work and am willing to pay for a design. 

Thank you!!
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2019 at 10:01pm
have you looked at the othorn
Mushroom Cloud View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mushroom Cloud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2019 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by cravings cravings wrote:

have you looked at the othorn
I have not at the time of posting. Just did some research and it looks promising. Do you links to any thing in particular i should read or see?

luthier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luthier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2019 at 10:42pm
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2019 at 11:07pm
4 of anything will be a streach outside fro 1000 people.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
Chris Grimshaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Grimshaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2019 at 8:42am
Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

Think it depends on the desired SPL at the back. If you want bass that blurs your vision at the far end of the audience, then I agree 100%.

If the OP will be happy with "clearly audible" at the back, then I think 4x Orthorns will probably do it just fine.

Chris
Quality sound from Sheffield
www.grimshawaudio.com
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2019 at 9:57am
Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

I dunno, 4x BC418 will do that and more. Probably a bit outside of DIY skills and price range though.

But the question is too vague without clarification of what SPL at what distance, at what frequency.
 Post Reply Post Reply