Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Be Careful Of Scream Audio Builds,Brad Crooklin Co
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Be Careful Of Scream Audio Builds,Brad Crooklin Co

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djkeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Be Careful Of Scream Audio Builds,Brad Crooklin Co
    Posted: 23 February 2019 at 8:04pm
I am also sad to write this as I had nuff respect for Scream Audio Builds, but what is it about builders/sellers where they take it on themselves to decieve and rob people Im saying this as I bought a DBX off Brad (FB)in a nutshell it does not work he sent me a link to rectify the issue I told him I didn't buy it for spares and repairs the guy was totally not bothered.Who can you really trust in this game some Wolves in sheep clothing I wouldnt recommend anyone going into any biz arrangements with Brad Crooklin and his band of thieves.

Edited by djkeet - 23 February 2019 at 8:06pm
Soundbite
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2019 at 9:12pm
If you buy it through FB,then you have almost no recourse other than persue the complaint yourself.

If you paid via a credit card,you may be able to take some action via them.

I know Ebay gets some stick,but you are covered if the item is not as described,and a refund would have been offered.
Be seeing you.
djkeet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djkeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2019 at 10:31pm
I know I normally conduct business in this way on hindsight I dont really know them so i should have approached it differently these sites can lull you into a false sense of security.
Soundbite
smoore View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2019 at 3:44pm
Have also heard of some dodgy dealings. Seemed like a nice guy when i met him though
Screambuilds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screambuilds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2021 at 5:14pm
Taken me a while to get round to clearing this up once & for-all.
As is quite common knowledge in the industry now unfortunately I suffered a stroke following a motorbike crash, which unfortunately meant that I was unable to complete some builds that were open jobs at the time of my accident.
In regards to this Incident I sold the bloke a DBX driverack pa2 that was still in my workshop, we arranged for him to meet up with some of the guys down at the workshop so he could collect it. Bearing in mind I’ve used this LMS on hundreds of live gigs so know full well it functions fine.
He tells me he’s having issues with it once he’s got it home & tried to use it. The issues he tells me is a well known failure on the units themselves where the ribbon connectors came come lose when they are moved about. It’s a very simple fix & the unit itself is working as it should I know as it was my personal LMS used on live shows & daily in my workshop. I told him this but he didn’t want to accept it & was insisting I arrange someone to meet him again to sort a refund. I told him it’s not as easy as me just going to the workshop to meet him as needed to get someone else to go on my behalf. The whole time I’m thinking why do I need to go out of my way to put everyone out to refund an item purchased in person which is known to work fine? I offered to organise the fix for him if he wanted atleast but he didn’t want to do that either. I’ve had similar experiences with people coming to buy drivers then a week later saying there is tears in the cones! Which on that I did sort it out cause it was easily viable to refund them but on this time it just wasn’t an option. I’m truly saddened this guy feels this way about it! But I’ll leave it to anyone reading this to decide what’s right & what’s not! Anyone who knows me personally will tell you I’m the kind of guy that’ll go out my way to help anyone out the best I can just cause I’m that way inclined.
djkeet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djkeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2022 at 12:56am
Originally posted by Screambuilds Screambuilds wrote:

I offered to organise the fix for him if he wanted at least but he didn’t want to do that either.

Sorry to hear that you had a stroke at the end of the day you cannot deny my experience from start to finish the whole idea of me traveling down to you was so that I could see it switched on and working all I got was one of your oppo's who met me in the street with the unit (Red Flag)you didn't offer to arrange to fix it, I took screen shots of all the convo's I had with you on FB and you were just unconcerned bordering on rude. I ended up selling the unit for spares/repairs. I blame myself for putting so much trust in you at the time what's ironic we're still friends on FB which I needed at the time to keep the communication lines open The whole episode was a lesson learnt for me. I came into this world with nothing and I will go out the same way but in the meantime to have a good name means more to me than silver n gold.
Soundbite
 Post Reply Post Reply