Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help with Tannoy 15" subwoofer i/d.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help with Tannoy 15" subwoofer i/d.
    Posted: 24 February 2019 at 6:28pm
Ages ago I picked up a Tannoy subwoofer. It was a 30 quid eBay special and in a bit of a state. Originally it was an active, but the amplifier had gone west. The face plate was still present but the only i/d is the Tannoy logo and "Bash" in one corner.

It has a 15" dual voice coil driver, cast frame and a heavy rubber surround.

The cabinet was square with 4 ports, one in each corner. cabinet was covered in a black Ash type (plastic) veneer, and was similar to some 12" ALF subs I have, so may well be one of their commercial models. Unfortunately I scrapped the cab, and although I took the measurements I lost them.

Can anyone help with an i/d???

Thanks in advance.
If it's got wheels or tits it's gonna cost a fortune
scottylaroq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottylaroq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2019 at 5:59am
i think bash still makes plate amps, maybe worth giving them a call for a replacement amp?

otherwise get a DATS and just measure t/s yourself

WessexAudioMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WessexAudioMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2019 at 12:52pm
It was part of the Revoltuion range that Tannoy did if i remember correctly.. Tannoy R-Sub or Revoltuion 15 Sub i think the model was. Really good sub for HiFi and home cinema. We use to sell them many moons back when i worked at Tannoy Dealer/shop, can remeber them well as they were huge for a HiFi subwoofer :)  
markie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2019 at 2:17pm
I actually contacted Tannoy with pics of the driver and they said it was from an SB15.

I since managed to get pics and measurements  of the old cabinet.......... I was wrong about 4 ports, it only had 2 and the finish was a grey/black sort of grit type laminate.

The main thing is I have the dimensions now so can get on with building a new cab. I picked a BK Electronics OMP sub amp (500 watts), so that should make a decent noise.
If it's got wheels or tits it's gonna cost a fortune
 Post Reply Post Reply