Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Advanced Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Discontinued RCF M59 (from EAW KF300, aftermarket?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Discontinued RCF M59 (from EAW KF300, aftermarket?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digitallake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Discontinued RCF M59 (from EAW KF300, aftermarket?
    Posted: 02 March 2019 at 11:11pm
Hi all, again!

So we move onto the HF units in these cabinets, which are RCF N482/YK
The diaphragms' part number is RCF M59 N481/N482/N681
EAW part number CD2540

I was wondering if anyone had any direct experience of the aftermarket versions of the above diaphragms please, and how they compare to the original? They are as used in various EAW cabinets, KF300, KF600...

Officially discontinued by RCF, I am wondering whether to upgrade the whole compression driver to a more modern unit, maybe a significant upgrade to BMS or suchlike, obviously a lot of work would be needed to ensure a close match - modifications to the crossovers / impedance compensation / padding networks, etc. as well as matching the driver's frequency response as closely as possible during selection of an upgrade. I'm capable of doing all that legwork, but if the aftermarket diaphragms are known to be fine, then I may just use them instead!

There must be a lot of people out there with these compression drivers in cabs, mainly I'm just wondering if anyone is using the aftermarket replacements and has not noticed any difference in sound quality, as that is very important for me / the rig...

Edited by digitallake - 02 March 2019 at 11:13pm
 Post Reply Post Reply