Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Funk-a-duck on Blue Peter

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2019 at 2:13pm
Hi Dave---Long time no see.
I have been asked many times both on here and from other contacts to write a book of my life story but I would get sued up to the eyeballs if I revealed some of the things that I have either witnessed on taken part in---I tend to do the odd little item on here but there are lots that I could never repeat or write about--Cheers--John.
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2019 at 2:31pm
Radio One dj's really were in a class by themselves weren't they?

Not naming any names (im sure you can all work out who it was) but the most famous,oldest, worst-syruped and well known of all of them was booked to appear at Epping forest country club.

We hired in a 2 stacks of ASS concert system specially, to provide more ooomph than the house system...all was set, warm-up DJ had the crowd going, then at 10pm,his Lordship arrives, and says, No no no,this wont do at all, "i need a seperate stage"....well the DJ booth was on a decent stage, a good two feet above everyone else..."no no no,not acceptable, it says in my contract i need a stage"....  so ten minutes later we had to stop all the music, turn on the house lights, clear the dancefloor, and manually carry in a 6-section podium for his majesty to 'perform' on,and then start all over again.  What a plonker.  Approve
Be seeing you.
markie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2019 at 4:08pm
Phoney Blackbird???
If it's got wheels or tits it's gonna cost a fortune
colint View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2019 at 5:36pm
Never criticise another man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Once you have, call him what you like, you're a mile away and you've got his shoes!
madboffin View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madboffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2019 at 12:24am
Originally posted by Robbo Robbo wrote:

I have been asked many times both on here and from other contacts to write a book of my life story but I would get sued up to the eyeballs if I revealed some of the things that I have either witnessed on taken part in---I tend to do the odd little item on here but there are lots that I could never repeat or write about--Cheers--John.

You could disguise names where necessary, and leave out any really dodgy stuff that might get picked up by the tabloids.

A compilation of relevant items that you have written on SP would be a good starting point - just search for your own messages via "Memberlist" above, pick out the anecdotes, and carry on adding more.

Some of Duncan Fry's stories are quite entertaining (and very Aussie):
http://www.dunkworld.com/ODTFTR.htm

Edited by madboffin - 18 March 2019 at 12:27am
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2019 at 9:54am
If I left out all of the dodgy stuff then that would be about 95% of my content gone
I tend to trickle the odd little snippet on here when a subject or thread comes up that I can link into but my biggest problem is that I worked with a lot of the industries top well known acts in the seventies and eighties both from the UK and over the pond so the book would definitely trigger problems with a lot of very well known artists(I use this term very loosely) a lot of who are still household names and still performing to this day.
DMorison View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMorison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2019 at 1:23pm
Sounds like it's your name that would need disguising then   ;-)
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2019 at 2:01pm
Hot inside infomation, in his new book, Mr X spills the beans on countless celebrites!

Be seeing you.
Live1052 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Live1052 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2019 at 2:17pm
I watched this video with the sound playing out of a pair of HH Pro Series 2s! I'd love to go to a nightclub where they were rocking that system these days! 
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2019 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by DMorison DMorison wrote:

Sounds like it's your name that would need disguising then   ;-)

I was quite lucky due to tending to keep a low profile when around the acts, in fact just the opposite to most of the FOH sound guys who could blow up like a bottle of pop at the drop of a hat---Everyone back in those days was still learning their craft as we were treading on virgin paths most of the time and being based in the Midlands certainly helped me as a lot of London companies and crews were earning themselves bad reputations due to diva antics---it was OK for a superstar to throw a TV out of a fifth floor hotel window but not for road crews.
Because of my laid back approach I did tend to get on really well with other company owners in the industry and used to look forward to little get togethers with like minded people---Chris Sherwin and Peter Ross from CP Cases/Mega were always a good source of fun and entertainment on a night out and many tales of farcical Flight Case dilemmas were told on a regular basis
Digbethdave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digbethdave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2019 at 8:13pm
Hi John, I'm up at Weston Park in the summer, so will try and pop by for a brew. Be good to catch up. Dave
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12