Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best portable speakers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WillyWietzak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best portable speakers
    Posted: 23 March 2019 at 3:48pm
Hi guys,

I'm looking to buy a new speaker, due to the cracking bass of my old one. I've looked whole the internet for the best portable speakers, but I'm not super experienced in this kind of things so I would like your advise.

There are a few necessary things it must have:
  • A clean sound of the bass. No crackling... I mostly listen to deep Drum & Bass, Techno, Acid, House... what means the bass will be used well. 
  • A pretty high volume. I also want to use it for some freeparty's.

Hope someone can help me out!
Thanks,
Willy
boots-hifi View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boots-hifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2019 at 5:46pm
What’s the budget
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2019 at 5:52pm
What do you mean by 'portable'? Run off a battery, or just light in weight? And what do you have now? It sounds like you may have blown the woofer. Maybe just replace/recone (and add a sub!!).

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2019 at 7:01pm
8 x kf850
16 x SB1000
8 x PLM20000

That’s a fairly comprehensive portable system if you have a artic?
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
JonB67 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonB67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2019 at 7:40pm
you're not going to get much helpful advice until you refine what you require a little more.  

Loud and clean bass mean different things to different people. No speaker should crackle though.  

What's the budget.
How many people? 
Venue type and size.  
Active or passive (separate amps or built into the boxes)
What are you considering portable?  (As jace has highlighted) transit / luton van / estate car / fiat 126?

Edited by JonB67 - 23 March 2019 at 7:42pm
WillyWietzak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WillyWietzak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2019 at 9:44am
Uhmm, let's say I have a budget from around 300-500 euros. 
And with 'portable' I mean I can take it everywhere, batteries only is an other necessary point.
imageoven View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imageoven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2019 at 9:57am
have a look at a minirig, is that the sort of thing you mean?

Keep pushing on, things are gonna get better.
WillyWietzak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WillyWietzak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2019 at 10:20am
That's way too small. 

https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai=DChcSEwixoufTxprhAhVL6HcKHVrCAK0YABANGgJlZg&sig=AOD64_25gJ4ULopFZD4VzT31y0CwmKv02w&ctype=5&q=&ved=0ahUKEwiTiuPTxprhAhUEPVAKHXvHCFQQwg8IVA&adurl=

This is what it should look like.
JonB67 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonB67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2019 at 10:59am
there's a whole part of the forum devoted to 12 portable rigs if you're interested in building your own!

Also look up the boominator.
boots-hifi View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boots-hifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2019 at 4:38pm
Build one. I did recently from scratch. With a bit of time and effort you could design a decent portable system with that budget. Loads of info on here.
Meat View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2019 at 4:46pm
Maybe save up for a Soundboks (made by one of our members)...?
Don't test the champignon sound
 Post Reply Post Reply