Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Computer Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SD cards.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SD cards.
    Posted: 26 March 2019 at 12:55am
As you will all know I'm not tech minded. Here's the problem.

I have a small cctv system which records to an SD card. The problem is that the camera is TOO sensitive. It records when a bush blows, often its not even possible to see what made it record. So at the end of the day I have perhaps 150 events recorded. After 3 days the card is full of "Non events" and as far as I can see they all have to be deleted individually. So I gotta press the delete 400 odd times.

Is there any way to clear the card completely, so if theres nothing I need to check I can clear the card and start again.

Thanks in advance.
If it's got wheels or tits it's gonna cost a fortune
JonB67 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonB67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2019 at 8:04am
Does your laptop have an sd card reader?
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2019 at 8:44am
As above, best way would be to take the card out and mount it in your usual PC via USB reader, only about £5. It behaves like a normal drive then for purposes of delete.

I'm also wiling to bet there will be a mass delete option for your system buried in the options somewhere, and also probably an option to set the camera sensitivity for movement detection. What CCTV system do you have?

Beware of SD cards a little, never take them out when the system is possibly writing to them as they are very easy to corrupt. Again the manual for the CCTV system will likely have some suggestions here.
markie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2019 at 9:42am
The cctv system has a sensitivity option but its only high or low, I have it set on low. Can't find a mass delete on the system, have read the 'structions cover  to cover.

I don't have a laptop, a couple of tablets havd SD slots, but haven't found a mass delete system.

I'll get an SD card reader for the main pooter and try that.

Thanks to both for replies.
If it's got wheels or tits it's gonna cost a fortune
4D View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2019 at 2:53pm
is there not a format card option ? that would delete all captures

DMZ. "The bass was intense. Girls were literally running up to stand next to the subs"
 Post Reply Post Reply