Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Variation of SMT-212

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeferica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2020 at 1:28pm
hello. I saw a video with a smt with the high horn im the middle of the cab (just lile im the MT horns) does anyone how this project name or how i can modify a smt im that way? i will just cut the rear chamber in half, separating the 2 woofers? 

Edited by Jeferica - 19 January 2020 at 1:28pm
Fracture_clinic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fracture_clinic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2020 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by Jeferica Jeferica wrote:

hello. I saw a video with a smt with the high horn im the middle of the cab (just lile im the MT horns) does anyone how this project name or how i can modify a smt im that way? i will just cut the rear chamber in half, separating the 2 woofers? 

I could probably take a wack at drawing up a plan for a design like that over the next week or so.
sushi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sushi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2020 at 11:12am
Hi
It seems to me the design is quite different from the SMT for theese reasons:
1) The woofers looks like 15" (not 12") and its evident when you look at the distance between the speaker itself and the edge of the cab, in original plan 12" woofers are placed way deeper in the cab.
2) Reflex ports are not seen, they could be the 2 rectangular spaces on sides of the hf horn, but in this case it's clear they have different area from the original triangular ports for the 12"woofer.
Honestly i think this cab's project is not a variation of the SMT, but a different project, that you may even find on the internet. Adapting SMT project to a double 15", also with the horn in the middle, would cost you more time than searching for already existing plans for this design.

Edited by sushi - 20 January 2020 at 11:13am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234