Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

First Horn Design

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote junoprobelaunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: First Horn Design
    Posted: 03 April 2019 at 7:14pm

So here is my very first attempt at horn design... The plan is for this to be a 1600x1220x700 exponential dual 15'' loaded monster. I'm aware it's huge and, to be honest, that's the point, we want something bigger and better than your average super bass horn. I'm aware I'm jumping in at the deep end but I thought it'd be worth getting a few pointers on the plan so far, as in, how does the actual path look to the more experienced designers out there? I'm prepared for the design to be shot down as it is my first but any and all criticism/guidance is welcome.
bob4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2019 at 9:00pm
Looks like a slightly out of square labhorn
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2019 at 11:57pm
the lab horn is as big as two people can safely handle. you'll struggle to even tip that onto its wheels.
Fracture_clinic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fracture_clinic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2019 at 9:39am
Be prepared to tear some cones apart! Interested in following this one!
doller View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2019 at 10:10am
really like the draftsmanship. I say build the dam thing and look see. Figguring out how to build it is as important as design. Good luck! What drivers? lab 15? They might survive.
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2019 at 11:41am
What will these be loaded with? 
junoprobelaunch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote junoprobelaunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2019 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by snowflake snowflake wrote:

the lab horn is as big as two people can safely handle. you'll struggle to even tip that onto its wheels.

We were thinking of fitting jacks to each cabinet, similar to ones you'd have on a car (lol)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote junoprobelaunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2019 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by doller doller wrote:

really like the draftsmanship. I say build the dam thing and look see. Figguring out how to build it is as important as design. Good luck! What drivers? lab 15? They might survive.

Thank you man! Just importing it into sketchup so I can horn resp it then saving up the £££ and we'll get building. They will indeed be loaded with the Lab 15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote junoprobelaunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2019 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by smitske96 smitske96 wrote:

What will these be loaded with? 

Lab 15 mate :)
Sypa View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sypa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2019 at 2:07pm
Noice! 
Whats the horn lenght ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote junoprobelaunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2019 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by Sypa Sypa wrote:

Noice! 
Whats the horn lenght ?
what's the most accurate way to. measure this from the plan? Is it as simple as drawing a central line down the path and measuring or is there a better way?
 Post Reply Post Reply