Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Lighting Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Alternatives to Enttec & QLC+

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alternatives to Enttec & QLC+
    Posted: 15 April 2019 at 10:33am
After losing out on my bid for a small DMX desk, I decided to do what I wanted to do anyway and go down the software route.

I'm looking at the ENTTEC USB/DMX dongle and QLC+, but that's just because what I've heard recommended (and it works on my Mac).

Would anybody recommend any other combinations of dongle and software? It's for a Mac so it limits my options slightly on the software side. I'm running 4 scanners of 11 channels each at this stage; maybe add more fixtures later, but not anytime soon.

Edited by djgorey - 15 April 2019 at 10:34am
Gaffa tape is like the force in Star Wars - there's a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2019 at 1:10pm
Chamsys works with the Enttec Pro so isn't a bad choice of interface for keeping your options open.
Chamsys have native Mac software too
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2019 at 4:30pm
Don't know how it has grown (or died) over the years but Freestyer used to work well with an Entec dongle and is well... Free. For small lighting rig use it's ok, you can always move on.
djgorey View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2019 at 4:51pm
Cheers. 

I really want something nice and straightforward as I’ve never played with DMX before so the simpler, the better for me
Gaffa tape is like the force in Star Wars - there's a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together
 Post Reply Post Reply