Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Lighting Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Free Beer!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Free Beer!
    Posted: 02 May 2019 at 4:57pm
I was just wondering if there was anybody in SE Wales/Bristol/Gloucester who is experienced using QLC+ and wouldn't mind talking me through it for an hour in return for some beer?!

I've got the basics (very basic), but could really just do with being shown how to do a couple of things. I've watched the tutorials, but they seem to skip a step or two here and there and I'm left wondering what happened. I'm trying to use it to control 4 scanners.

If this appeals to you, please drop me a PM

Edited by djgorey - 02 May 2019 at 4:58pm
Gaffa tape is like the force in Star Wars - there's a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together
djgorey View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2019 at 4:13pm
OK.  Reading the user manual has definitely helped, but the offer is still there!
Gaffa tape is like the force in Star Wars - there's a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together
djgorey View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 8:02am
More playing later (and a really good tutorial video on YouTube) and I think I’ve got the hang of it. 

Once it clicked that I could take each element of a scene (think that’s the right word, still learning the terminology) separately, put them together, then repeat for the next step, etc then save that as a chase, it all worked. 

QLC+ has built in movement macros too, so I don’t have to build complex chases; just plug in the movement I fancy and off it goes, whilst I then press a button for the colour, one for the gobo and we’re cooking on gas. 

I’m considering getting some LED pixel sticks (or uplighters) and the software has pixel mapping macros (essentially pre-made chases) too which I’m getting the hang of and can stick those in a chase too. 

I’m sure this is stuff is old hat for a lot of people here, but this is my first time using DMX ever so it’s really exciting for me!
 Post Reply Post Reply