Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Buying and Selling > Stuff For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Custom Built Mid-Tops with Plans

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomr_29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Custom Built Mid-Tops with Plans
    Posted: 04 May 2019 at 5:09pm
I’ve decided to sell the rig I built with Tony Wilkes a few years back. I’m no longer doing much live sound work, just the occasional smaller gig, since I’m now spending a lot more time on design and build amongst other projects.

First item upon is these tops which were part of a complete system designed in collaboration with Tony back in 2013/2014, the subs for which will also be available at the end of the month.

The cabs are built from void-free b-grade birch ply in 15mm with 24mm baffles holding the drivers, fully rebated and finished in Line X. Connectors are Neutrik NLT4MP 40A types (same physical size as NL8 connectors) fitted to 3mm aluminium rating plates with lacquer finish.

The mid section cabs are fitted with 2-off BMS 12N620 500W AES neodymium drivers each, rear ported.

The top section cabs are fitted with BMS 2236 fibreglass horns. Note that these are currently unloaded, however, I will happily provide brand new BMS 4590P coaxial drivers for additional cost.

There is also a tilt-board which sits between the cabs with an adjustable angle between 5, 10 and 15 degrees.

Finally the listing also includes two link-cables to connect between the cabs. 1m 4x4mm cables with Neutrik NL4s.

System Specs:

Mids: Dual-12” (BMS 12N620)
Wired 1+/1- on SpeakON
60-750Hz
1000W AES (2x500W)
4 Ohms

Tops: Unloaded (designed for BMS 4590P)
Wired 2+/2- on SpeakON
400-22,000Hz
150W/80W AES
8 Ohms
Dispersion 60 x 40 degrees

Optimal performance requires DSP; recommended settings will be provided. I am also happy to provide the CAD files (.step format) to the buyer if they wish to have more of these cabs built at any point.

I’ll be sad to see them go but they haven’t been used for almost 3 years and I now need the space for up-coming projects. Photos are current (taken 04/05/2019) following a clean to get rid of the dust from being in storage. One top has a slight bump to the top corner as photographed. This is cosmetic only and does not puncture the waterproof Line X coating or affect the solid structure of the cab.

Collection only due to size from Stafford, near J14 on the M6. Cash on collection preferred, however I can accept PayPal or credit/debit card via SumUp device.

eBay link with photos:

Looking for around £1000, can also supply brand new 4590P drivers for the unloaded tops at a decent price (2-off for the buyer only).

Happy to answer any questions.

Build Thread:
https://forum.speakerplans.com/new-system-for-2014_topic84697.html?KW=

Further items will be on sale soon:
- 2-off Linea Research 44M20
- 4-off dual 18” subs (BMS 18S450)
- 4-off 15” BPH (18 Sound 15LW2400)
- various drivers, power distro and other random stuff

Thanks for looking,

Tom

Proper capitalisation is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
www.facebook.com/tremoracoustics
 Post Reply Post Reply